mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   Series 6 questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/54245-series-6-questions.html)

FONZ 10-17-2008 06:55 PM

Series 6 questions
 
How light is the return spring that CCM store sells?
also could you suggest other places to buy spring, maybe the OD and length of it?

I noticed sometimes after I shoot my S6 air pours down the barrel until recocked, anyone know what might cause this? someone told me it might be due to being low on air

I was going to lube the internals, I have TechT GunSav, will that work well?


I'm sure I will have more to come, but this is all for now, thanks for any help

Fonz

fasteddy 10-17-2008 07:08 PM

Too low on air, most likely too low input pressure on regulator.

splattttttt 10-18-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasteddy (Post 556779)
Too low on air, most likely too low input pressure on regulator.

And to high of an IVG tension. Reverse it.

FONZ 10-18-2008 04:05 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, I will work on it this weekend and see if i can find the main cause. Because I forgot to mention it doesnt do it all the time, sometimes it will do it for like 10 shots and then fix it self

Skelo 10-18-2008 07:24 AM

.
 
for the return spring go to ACE hardware and find a 139U spring. that one seems to work nice for me but, you could get some other ones from there and play around with them to see what you like. i think they are 50 cents each.

FONZ 10-18-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skelo (Post 557241)
for the return spring go to ACE hardware and find a 139U spring. that one seems to work nice for me but, you could get some other ones from there and play around with them to see what you like. i think they are 50 cents each.

thanks thats just what i was looking for

splattttttt 10-18-2008 08:14 PM

Yes. ACE is the place for the hard ware folks. :LMAO:

pizzaluvr 10-18-2008 08:19 PM

You know to cock it before airing it up right? And that will be caused by low air, too weak of a valve spring, or too strong of a main spring(most likely a combination of the 3). Low air will most certainly do that.

To lube it.. Put a few drops of air tool(regular paintball oil) oil in the ASA, screw in a tank and air it up. For the reg(you almost NEVER have to do this, every 5-10 cases or so), take it apart, put some DOW 33 on the o-rings. Don't do this until you notice inconsistency, shootdown(not likely), or any other velocity problems.

xwiredx 10-18-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaluvr (Post 557728)
You know to cock it before airing it up right? And that will be caused by low air, too weak of a valve spring, or too strong of a main spring(most likely a combination of the 3). Low air will most certainly do that.

To lube it.. Put a few drops of air tool(regular paintball oil) oil in the ASA, screw in a tank and air it up. For the reg(you almost NEVER have to do this, every 5-10 cases or so), take it apart, put some DOW 33 on the o-rings. Don't do this until you notice inconsistency, shootdown(not likely), or any other velocity problems.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, and since you mentioned lubing via oil in the ASA I figured I'd do it here. RajinMajin, sorry to jump in on your thread.:thumbup:

When you guys put oil in the ASA, then gas up and dry fire to circulate throughout the gun, won't it end up going through the inline reg, and thinning out the Dow33/grease causing you to have to service it sooner?

Thanks!

Talfuchre 10-18-2008 09:46 PM

Dude - read the manual above - it has answered all of your questions you have asked thus far. Plus I have heard the guy who wrote it is a STUD! ;)

TF


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC