mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   CCM Hammer doesn't fit Karni body... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/58205-ccm-hammer-doesnt-fit-karni-body.html)

Twigz 11-26-2008 09:46 PM

CCM Hammer doesn't fit Karni body...

Hey guys, I bought a ccm lower tube kit for my karni this past weekend when i was in charleston for a scenario and didn't get the chance to install it until now. There is a problem however, the hammer is almost too big for the body. There is so much interference that the hammer won't go all the way in and wont move at all when I finally get it cocked and try to fire.

I was looking forward to the heavyweight hammer since I was hoping it would allow my mini'd karni to finally be sprung lightly. Everything else in the kit works perfect but the hammer does not.

I was wondering if this was a common problem or not.

I know you guys will tell me to PM Mel but I wanted to see what you guys had to say since idk if she will get back to me quickly because of the holiday.

CCMachinist 11-26-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigz (Post 602985)
Hey guys, I bought a ccm lower tube kit for my karni this past weekend when i was in charleston for a scenario and didn't get the chance to install it until now. There is a problem however, the hammer is almost too big for the body. There is so much interference that the hammer won't go all the way in and wont move at all when I finally get it cocked and try to fire.

I was looking forward to the heavyweight hammer since I was hoping it would allow my mini'd karni to finally be sprung lightly. Everything else in the kit works perfect but the hammer does not.

I was wondering if this was a common problem or not.

I know you guys will tell me to PM Mel but I wanted to see what you guys had to say since idk if she will get back to me quickly because of the holiday.

We are shutdown till Monday.There is not much I can tell you.We haven't ran into this that I know of.You may want to inspect your hammer bore for burrs.Our hammers are generally undersize by about .005" or so.Maybe a little more.If you don't get it fix by Monday give Rod a call at the shop.

Talfuchre 11-27-2008 08:39 AM

I have had this happen with two CCM hammers in twp seperate WGP bodies - just like you described it.

I polished the hammer a bit and it fit well. It was perhaps .002 out.

I would wager it was the WGP body - not the hammer - as the hammer was the same size as every other CCM hammer I had in my possession.

TF

splattttttt 11-27-2008 09:13 AM

did you set the lug proprly? I'm sure you did. But I though I'd mention it anyway.

Twigz 11-27-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splattttttt (Post 603379)
did you set the lug proprly? I'm sure you did. But I though I'd mention it anyway.

I could hardly get the hammer in, let alone set the lug. A friend of mine told me it was mostly likely the body but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Twigz

hawaiianking 11-27-2008 11:44 AM

Ive had similar issues with the ccm slotted hammers. 4 hammers and various wgp and ccm bodies. I could normally mix and match the hammer to the body to find a fit or in some cases i had to sand the hammer or the threads down. The main hang up was the threads.

L.I Caretaker 11-27-2008 11:58 AM

I just bought a BINB Lower set for My Dark Freeflow and the hammer doesn't fit as well.I posted like two weeks ago.

Twigz 11-27-2008 02:04 PM

So maybe it isn't just me? Maybe CCM should allow more clearance on the hammer?

Brick 11-27-2008 04:11 PM

^ means a lower tolerance and lesser performance. I'll take the same high precision hammers :P. Just need the bodies to be consistent (WGP, the CCM body being off I will guess was a lemon). Also you said you couldn't get the hammer in let alone set the lug, but just a reminder, iirc the Lug has to be screwed out enough to not protrude out on side of the hammer and thusly into the body. Seems obvious for some but I nearly wrecked my first cocker that way :P

splattttttt 11-27-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brick (Post 603737)
Also you said you couldn't get the hammer in let alone set the lug, but just a reminder, iirc the Lug has to be screwed out enough to not protrude out on side of the hammer and thusly into the body. Seems obvious for some but I nearly wrecked my first cocker that way :P

One can never be too carefull :bang: Though only a real nueb would make suh a mistake. Don't take that personally. I'm just generalizing :)