mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Twigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Send a message via AIM to Twigz

Exclamation CCM Hammer doesn't fit Karni body...

Hey guys, I bought a ccm lower tube kit for my karni this past weekend when i was in charleston for a scenario and didn't get the chance to install it until now. There is a problem however, the hammer is almost too big for the body. There is so much interference that the hammer won't go all the way in and wont move at all when I finally get it cocked and try to fire.

I was looking forward to the heavyweight hammer since I was hoping it would allow my mini'd karni to finally be sprung lightly. Everything else in the kit works perfect but the hammer does not.

I was wondering if this was a common problem or not.

I know you guys will tell me to PM Mel but I wanted to see what you guys had to say since idk if she will get back to me quickly because of the holiday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I suppose he mis-understood the meaning of MILF.
SpecOps Feedback 6+/0- | PBN Feedback 19+/0- | MCB Feedback 9+/0-
If I have dealt with you please leave me feedback!
Twigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigz View Post
Hey guys, I bought a ccm lower tube kit for my karni this past weekend when i was in charleston for a scenario and didn't get the chance to install it until now. There is a problem however, the hammer is almost too big for the body. There is so much interference that the hammer won't go all the way in and wont move at all when I finally get it cocked and try to fire.

I was looking forward to the heavyweight hammer since I was hoping it would allow my mini'd karni to finally be sprung lightly. Everything else in the kit works perfect but the hammer does not.

I was wondering if this was a common problem or not.

I know you guys will tell me to PM Mel but I wanted to see what you guys had to say since idk if she will get back to me quickly because of the holiday.
We are shutdown till Monday.There is not much I can tell you.We haven't ran into this that I know of.You may want to inspect your hammer bore for burrs.Our hammers are generally undersize by about .005" or so.Maybe a little more.If you don't get it fix by Monday give Rod a call at the shop.
__________________
Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Red - Black
 
Talfuchre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006

CCM Fan
I have had this happen with two CCM hammers in twp seperate WGP bodies - just like you described it.

I polished the hammer a bit and it fit well. It was perhaps .002 out.

I would wager it was the WGP body - not the hammer - as the hammer was the same size as every other CCM hammer I had in my possession.

TF
__________________
Pumpenstein - NSA National Champions

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
starts off small at first
 
splattttttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bean Town, U.S.A.

did you set the lug proprly? I'm sure you did. But I though I'd mention it anyway.
__________________
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others which have been tried." Winston Churchill

THE-SHOOTIST Anyone chubbin' like me for this?
mailmanmike Since Monday! That's more than 4 hours though, so according to those cialis ads I should see my doctor.
tlane77 I think for a non-chemical chubby it's 6 hours before its time to see a doctor. So you should be good for another couple hours.
splattttttt I wasn't goin to google "chubbin" because I assumed it had to do with fat. The lard type, not the fun stuff. But what ever feelings Jeff's experiencing, then they must be of the fun like stuff...
tlane77 He's got a woody for your woods.
splattttttt land
splattttttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Twigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Send a message via AIM to Twigz

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
did you set the lug proprly? I'm sure you did. But I though I'd mention it anyway.
I could hardly get the hammer in, let alone set the lug. A friend of mine told me it was mostly likely the body but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Twigz
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I suppose he mis-understood the meaning of MILF.
SpecOps Feedback 6+/0- | PBN Feedback 19+/0- | MCB Feedback 9+/0-
If I have dealt with you please leave me feedback!
Twigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Active Member
 
hawaiianking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Ive had similar issues with the ccm slotted hammers. 4 hammers and various wgp and ccm bodies. I could normally mix and match the hammer to the body to find a fit or in some cases i had to sand the hammer or the threads down. The main hang up was the threads.
hawaiianking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
L.I Caretaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006

I just bought a BINB Lower set for My Dark Freeflow and the hammer doesn't fit as well.I posted like two weeks ago.
__________________
"Playing Since 1984"



Master Blasters 2013 UWL PRO Champs Maryland
L.I Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Twigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Send a message via AIM to Twigz

So maybe it isn't just me? Maybe CCM should allow more clearance on the hammer?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I suppose he mis-understood the meaning of MILF.
SpecOps Feedback 6+/0- | PBN Feedback 19+/0- | MCB Feedback 9+/0-
If I have dealt with you please leave me feedback!
Twigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Brick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007

^ means a lower tolerance and lesser performance. I'll take the same high precision hammers :P. Just need the bodies to be consistent (WGP, the CCM body being off I will guess was a lemon). Also you said you couldn't get the hammer in let alone set the lug, but just a reminder, iirc the Lug has to be screwed out enough to not protrude out on side of the hammer and thusly into the body. Seems obvious for some but I nearly wrecked my first cocker that way :P
__________________
MCB Feedback
TdotBallers Feedback
PaintballNation Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Simple solution, put a big sign up that says "Honk if you love prison rape"
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
starts off small at first
 
splattttttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bean Town, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
Also you said you couldn't get the hammer in let alone set the lug, but just a reminder, iirc the Lug has to be screwed out enough to not protrude out on side of the hammer and thusly into the body. Seems obvious for some but I nearly wrecked my first cocker that way :P
One can never be too carefull Though only a real nueb would make suh a mistake. Don't take that personally. I'm just generalizing
__________________
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the others which have been tried." Winston Churchill

THE-SHOOTIST Anyone chubbin' like me for this?
mailmanmike Since Monday! That's more than 4 hours though, so according to those cialis ads I should see my doctor.
tlane77 I think for a non-chemical chubby it's 6 hours before its time to see a doctor. So you should be good for another couple hours.
splattttttt I wasn't goin to google "chubbin" because I assumed it had to do with fat. The lard type, not the fun stuff. But what ever feelings Jeff's experiencing, then they must be of the fun like stuff...
tlane77 He's got a woody for your woods.
splattttttt land
splattttttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC