mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to xwiredx

S6 squeeking!

What's up guys.
I'm having a little issue with a brand new S6. I think there is a ghost inside!

Seriously though, there is a very irritating high pitched squeek coming from the pump handle. I'm 95% sure it's coming from here and not somewhere else. It does'nt seem to be coming from the auto trigger arm area, cocking rod, bolt, etc. When I put my ear up to it, it's the loudest right at the pump.

What's happening is right at the very begining of the pump stroke it will put out this high pitched metal on metal sounding squeek, for roughly half of the pump stroke. If I keep pumping the stroke get's pretty sticky feeling, and at times, it will lock up. Not completely lock up, but if I tilt the gun so it's vertical, the pump will not fall.

Now for the weird part. It won't do it all the time! Every so often I pick it up, and the stroke feels fine and stays that way until some random time when it starts squeeking again and feeling like crap. I have noticed that when it does get really sticky and does'nt drop when vertical, If I put even the slightest amount of pressure on the lower guide rod towards the main guide rod (as if bending it upwards), the pump will fall with no resistance. It will usually feel pretty smooth after this for a little while until if feels like squeeking again.

I can never duplicate the sound. It's always random, but currently has been doing it for the day. When it's good, I have tried duplicating it by pressuring the pump up, down, left, right, when pumping. No squeek. As soon as I think it's all good, I move the pump and squeeeeeeeeeeek!

What should I do? It's brand spankin new, has'nt even been gassed up yet. I'm thinking the pump plate/guide rods tolerances might be a little tight, or the lower guide rod needs to be tweaked a little. I remember reading an older thread either here, or PBN, where a user said he had to tweak his lower guide rod a little. Should I wait it out and see if it rights itself after breaking in really good? Give the lower guide rod a little tweak? Polish or light oil perhaps?

Let me know what you guys think. It's driving me crazy! Anyone experience this before?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
Clean it,

Polish it with a buffing wheel and some jewlers rouge. If you don't have that - use some stainless polish and a rag. If you don't have that - use some Brasso.

Reassemble with light lubrication. Marker oil is fine - very lite.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to xwiredx

Thanks, TF!
I'll get on that ASAP and post back the results. Hopefully this will do. I'll hit it with a buffing wheel on my dremel. I think I have some Flitz metal polish around. Supposed to be able to be used on stainless steel I think. Have you encountered this little gremlin before?

In the meantime, if anybody else has input they want to share, feel free.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Here we go again...

Also check to make sure the AT cam is fully inserted into the trigger frame. That can cause a bit of binding as well. As for the squeak, try a drop of oil on the main guide. Once you wear it in a little it'll be smooth as could be. A little light oil will expedite the break in; just be sure to clean it regularly.

And Flitz will be fine as a polish...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
VampiresTasteLikeChicken!

I had this problem with one of my CF pump handles. The bottom hole did not line up perfect with the lower secondary guide rod. Every once in a great while it would squeak a tad bit and bind up. I very carefully elongated up the lower guide rode hole on the back of the pump plate with a small round file and then polished the hole. The binding and the squeak went away and hasn't bothered me since.

Check to see if you do not have that same issue.

DA.
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
If it is an older style S6 - you can loosen up the 3/16th bolt on the VRA and tweak it to get the bottom guide rod to move about a bit.

I would try that too.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Every body I shoot with my S6 squeaks (actually more like squeals). Anyone know what I can do about them?
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggfueler View Post
Every body I shoot with my S6 squeaks (actually more like squeals). Anyone know what I can do about them?
Duck tape their mouths? Or don't play with girls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I had the same problem... found out it was the return spring that would "squeek-squeek" every stroke. Just replaced it with a phantom spring with an oring on the lower guide rod, just as smooth and light without the squeeking.

Feedback
Please take a look at my anodizing album here: Tonsixer Anodizing
Tanongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Duck tape their mouths? Or don't play with girls??
Kawika likes girls
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM