mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   heavy weight halfblock hammer vs ccm lower internal kit (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/61262-heavy-weight-halfblock-hammer-vs-ccm-lower-internal-kit.html)

chefboi17 12-27-2008 04:06 AM

heavy weight halfblock hammer vs ccm lower internal kit

i am looking for the best preforming internals i can find for my karni, to replace the mq2 valve i had in it, and was wondering what i should go for.

i have springs, an ivg, and a retaining nut, so i'm not sure if i should get the full ccm internals kit, or if i should just look for a nice valve and hammer.

what i'm looking for is a really lightly sprung pump stroke, and that is what made me look into the heavy weight hammer for this gun, however that would require me to find a valve and poppet that would work in conjunction with the heavier weight.

can anyone suggest a good valve to heavy weight hammer combination that i can look into?

DarkArmorPB 12-27-2008 12:20 PM

Is anyone other then CCM even offering new sheridan valve trains anymore? I know some folks have nos stuff kicking around... but as manufacturers.. I do not recall seeing any. Other then the Palmers C02 valves..

DA.

chefboi17 12-27-2008 01:36 PM

i have a stock 2k3 cocker valve, but i was wondering if i should try looking for something other than the stock, or the ccm
doing a quick ebay search shows that there are still a few options out there like the maddmann rocket valve, ans lp valves, evil valves, shocktech 3:16 rat valves etc.
would a heavy hammer and very high flowing valve be my ticket to the shooting characteristics i'm looking for? and if it is, which valve should i look into for the best flow?

chefboi17 12-27-2008 02:35 PM

ok, scratch that last part, it looks like i'm getting a maddmann rocket valve, will the heavy hammer be to much for this lightly sprung LP valve in my pump?

SaintScythus 12-27-2008 03:08 PM

Rocket valves really aren't that great. IMO they aren't worth the money. I am very happy with my shocktech rat valve and you could buy freeflow hammers which are great.

Gabe 12-27-2008 04:20 PM

I'd be very worried about valve fart with a low pressure Rat valve and a heavy hammer. I'm not sure but I think that's been fixed in the CCM lower tube kits.

chefboi17 12-27-2008 08:51 PM

that was one of my main concerns, i'll have to rethink my internals choices

spydrmn 12-27-2008 09:16 PM

I'm running a tornado valve with a stock spring and a shocktech heavy hammer with a light spring in a 99 evolution. No farts and runs at 260ish psi. The pump kit is ccm. I do remember something about the extra heavy hammers from freeflow tearing up bodies. Good luck.

chefboi17 12-27-2008 09:47 PM

yeah, those were the tungsten hammers that would damage the bodies

stircrazzzy 12-27-2008 10:29 PM

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to replace the mq2?