mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCM (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/)
-   -   CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit Question... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ccm/62839-ccm-carbon-fiber-barrel-kit-question.html)

Tbuck 01-11-2009 05:36 PM

CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit Question...

I was recently fortunate enough to find a brand new CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit for my Phantom (ships tomorrow):drool:...My question is, will the barrel tip that comes with this kit thread into CCM backs with other thread patterns. ie. Autococker threaded back and my barrel tip. Thanks.

Todd:gunsfiring:

CCMachinist 01-11-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbuck (Post 654196)
I was recently fortunate enough to find a brand new CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit for my Phantom (ships tomorrow):drool:...My question is, will the barrel tip that comes with this kit thread into CCM backs with other thread patterns. ie. Autococker threaded back and my barrel tip. Thanks.

Todd:gunsfiring:

Sorry,the Phantom sizers and barrels are different.

Spduca998 01-13-2009 01:40 PM

Lucky you ......

You are one hell of a lucky guy ....... :drool:.
That's one of the best barrels for a Phantom.
I only wish of having one in clear anno and another in dust black (;);););)).

Paypal ready!
Angel

EDDAKA 01-13-2009 02:27 PM

I didn't like it (mine at least) wasn't accurate at all, never cleaned itself even remotely after ball breaks.(Carbon fiber barrels clean themselves a lil bit and remain shootable, right?) The pump handle would "stick" on the inserts, because they were rubbed off to hell,( Polishing the inserts might of helped) The one insert that i had to use the most had a lil edge that stuck up and shaved some delrin from the pump handle.

I had a lemon i guess:p It was super quiet though!

Mel 01-13-2009 05:37 PM

Eddaka...
Did you get yours new or used??

EDDAKA 01-13-2009 05:50 PM

I got mine used of course. I got it pretty cheap so i was supicious as well.:p

Tbuck 01-13-2009 06:10 PM

I have an undercocking kit, so shouldn't be a problem at all. Lot's of barrels claim to be self cleaning, but the only one I've ever seen shoot through breaks is a J&J ceramic barrel. The stock CCI barrels do a pretty decent job due to the grooves at the end of the barrel. None the less, I'm completely stoked about this find. I couldn't believe the guy still had it...the post was from December of 2007. He is a very credible individual, thus I wasn't worried about being scammed. I actually solicited him after searching through the forums looking for owners of CCM Phantom barrels. I know of one other person that has promised to sell me his like new kit after he is finished testing with it in mid February. If anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with him. As soon as I get it I'll post pics.

Does anyone know if CCM still honors the lifetime warranty on these barrels even though they don't produce them anymore?

Thanks,
Todd

freebird 01-13-2009 09:35 PM

EDDAKA, the previous owner might have improperly squeegied the barrel. Most carbon fiber barrels are non swab friendly, as in a few passes with a furry barrel swab will ruin it. That may have happened to yours, i saw a guy at a local speedball tourny clean his sly with one, and i didnt say anything at first but he kept cleaning it, obviously not following the warning on the box, and by the end of the day he was breaking paint left and right. Just a possibility...

EDDAKA 01-13-2009 09:55 PM

That may be possible freebird, and i called Mel up to ask about this(when I i had the kit.) She said she has swabbed her carbon fiber barrel, and no Ill effects happened, but she still didn't reccomend it.

Who knows really what happened. I might pick up another one if i ever have the chance.

cmosser502 01-14-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbuck (Post 657088)
I have an undercocking kit, so shouldn't be a problem at all. Lot's of barrels claim to be self cleaning, but the only one I've ever seen shoot through breaks is a J&J ceramic barrel. The stock CCI barrels do a pretty decent job due to the grooves at the end of the barrel. None the less, I'm completely stoked about this find. I couldn't believe the guy still had it...the post was from December of 2007. He is a very credible individual, thus I wasn't worried about being scammed. I actually solicited him after searching through the forums looking for owners of CCM Phantom barrels. I know of one other person that has promised to sell me his like new kit after he is finished testing with it in mid February. If anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with him. As soon as I get it I'll post pics.

Does anyone know if CCM still honors the lifetime warranty on these barrels even though they don't produce them anymore?

Thanks,
Todd

just thought id let you know i may end up playing this weekend. JB and couple others mentioned going to thrideye. ill pm you detail when i find out what everyone is doing.