mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
AKA...The Gobbler!

CCM Fan
Question CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit Question...

I was recently fortunate enough to find a brand new CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit for my Phantom (ships tomorrow)...My question is, will the barrel tip that comes with this kit thread into CCM backs with other thread patterns. ie. Autococker threaded back and my barrel tip. Thanks.

Todd
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuck View Post
I was recently fortunate enough to find a brand new CCM Carbon Fiber Barrel Kit for my Phantom (ships tomorrow)...My question is, will the barrel tip that comes with this kit thread into CCM backs with other thread patterns. ie. Autococker threaded back and my barrel tip. Thanks.

Todd
Sorry,the Phantom sizers and barrels are different.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

NEW STORE http://store.chipleymachine.com/

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Lucky you ......

You are one hell of a lucky guy ....... .
That's one of the best barrels for a Phantom.
I only wish of having one in clear anno and another in dust black ().

Paypal ready!
Angel
Spduca998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

Send a message via AIM to EDDAKA Send a message via MSN to EDDAKA

I didn't like it (mine at least) wasn't accurate at all, never cleaned itself even remotely after ball breaks.(Carbon fiber barrels clean themselves a lil bit and remain shootable, right?) The pump handle would "stick" on the inserts, because they were rubbed off to hell,( Polishing the inserts might of helped) The one insert that i had to use the most had a lil edge that stuck up and shaved some delrin from the pump handle.

I had a lemon i guess It was super quiet though!
EDDAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Eddaka...
Did you get yours new or used??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

I got mine used of course. I got it pretty cheap so i was supicious as well.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
AKA...The Gobbler!

CCM Fan
Talking

I have an undercocking kit, so shouldn't be a problem at all. Lot's of barrels claim to be self cleaning, but the only one I've ever seen shoot through breaks is a J&J ceramic barrel. The stock CCI barrels do a pretty decent job due to the grooves at the end of the barrel. None the less, I'm completely stoked about this find. I couldn't believe the guy still had it...the post was from December of 2007. He is a very credible individual, thus I wasn't worried about being scammed. I actually solicited him after searching through the forums looking for owners of CCM Phantom barrels. I know of one other person that has promised to sell me his like new kit after he is finished testing with it in mid February. If anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with him. As soon as I get it I'll post pics.

Does anyone know if CCM still honors the lifetime warranty on these barrels even though they don't produce them anymore?

Thanks,
Todd
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
EDDAKA, the previous owner might have improperly squeegied the barrel. Most carbon fiber barrels are non swab friendly, as in a few passes with a furry barrel swab will ruin it. That may have happened to yours, i saw a guy at a local speedball tourny clean his sly with one, and i didnt say anything at first but he kept cleaning it, obviously not following the warning on the box, and by the end of the day he was breaking paint left and right. Just a possibility...
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

That may be possible freebird, and i called Mel up to ask about this(when I i had the kit.) She said she has swabbed her carbon fiber barrel, and no Ill effects happened, but she still didn't reccomend it.

Who knows really what happened. I might pick up another one if i ever have the chance.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuck View Post
I have an undercocking kit, so shouldn't be a problem at all. Lot's of barrels claim to be self cleaning, but the only one I've ever seen shoot through breaks is a J&J ceramic barrel. The stock CCI barrels do a pretty decent job due to the grooves at the end of the barrel. None the less, I'm completely stoked about this find. I couldn't believe the guy still had it...the post was from December of 2007. He is a very credible individual, thus I wasn't worried about being scammed. I actually solicited him after searching through the forums looking for owners of CCM Phantom barrels. I know of one other person that has promised to sell me his like new kit after he is finished testing with it in mid February. If anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with him. As soon as I get it I'll post pics.

Does anyone know if CCM still honors the lifetime warranty on these barrels even though they don't produce them anymore?

Thanks,
Todd
just thought id let you know i may end up playing this weekend. JB and couple others mentioned going to thrideye. ill pm you detail when i find out what everyone is doing.
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM