mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
I used the T2 reg for both and found no difference - I don't think switching them would produce anything.

TF
Oh ok, nevermind. I should have read more closely, sorry!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
Ryantuomi, Ralanti and I are also going to do some testing up here in the Great White North.

We have 2 13ci tanks that we are going to be running on our markers and we are interested to see the numbers that we come up with too.

When I went out yesterday I was averaging about 190 - 200 on a decent fill (2600psi -2800psi). I forgot the match the bore of the barrel (i was using the .690 bore) to the paint that I was using but the number look pretty much inline with what Snowzone was getting.

I haven't messed with the marker yet but I am going to be tuning it up to see what numbers I can get from it.

Also I would like to see what just throwing the CCM internals into a gun does to the efficiency. We are going to test that actually... I have 2 Psychoballisics markers that are pumps now. One with CCM bits and the other without.

I also noticed that the spring in the T2 is noticeably shorter then the S6's by like 1/4".
I think it is the Magic Princess Pixie Dust that Mel sprinkles on the markers before they leave the shop that gives them their efficiency.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Isn't the hammer oversized compared to a normal Sniper?

BTW: As sent from the factory, the top edge of the screw on my reg was flush with the concave lip of the female reg recess. I had to back the velocity adjust all the way out before I was able to chrono consistantly under 285fps. With that setting the 6 shot string was between 287-274fps. So there's going to be some necessary tinkering before I get things squared away. I just wanted to get a chance to pull a "live" trigger a few times.

So far I'm really happy with my T2.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
Yes and no... the inside of the back half of the T2's hammer is more like a skirt.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Enlightenment,

This is the part I am not as happy with as I am simply using the Mini guage on my tank - but I am using the same tank and running from line to line - (500 psi) so I think it is giving me a good idea.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
Enlightenment,

This is the part I am not as happy with as I am simply using the Mini guage on my tank - but I am using the same tank and running from line to line - (500 psi) so I think it is giving me a good idea.

TF
ah, yes. mcmaster has some great gauges for really cheap, we have used them before in testing. something like 10 bucks a pop for a nice liquid filled gauge that you can literally see every shot and its effect on. if you want help picking one out, PM me.

i might even be able to barrow you ours, but it would probably cost the same to ship it back and forth as just buying another one.
enlightenment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Enlightenment,

Actually I own a liquid filled guage - It only goes to 300 PSI though - so I need one that is higher capacity.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

yeah i have a 0-1k and a 0-5k i believe. like i said, i think i got them for 10-20 bucks on mcmaster. id try to do that before going to crazy looking at pressures. shot counts are probably reasonably accurate, but pressure is harder to compare without a decent tool to look at.
enlightenment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
I agree totally - thanks for the offer.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post

BTW: As sent from the factory, the top edge of the screw on my reg was flush with the concave lip of the female reg recess. I had to back the velocity adjust all the way out before I was able to chrono consistantly under 285fps. With that setting the 6 shot string was between 287-274fps. So there's going to be some necessary tinkering before I get things squared away. I just wanted to get a chance to pull a "live" trigger a few times.

So far I'm really happy with my T2.
I had the same thing happening with the velocity,so I took off the reg and checked the pressure.It was running around 180 so I uped it to 300 and all was good.Gotta love that longer asa I took the reg right off and checked it ,right back on a back to playing.Put 3 bags of fresh evil through it saterday and used a winchester so really didn't get it on with the auto trigger.All I can say is ccm has done it again and keeps on doing it great job mel and rod!!!
casper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM