mcarterbrown.com

Old 01-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
Totally didn't even realize this, but that's the GR annual meeting. Oh, well
Bring 'em out to Jaegers and conduct business in between games.

That's disappointing to hear that they don't have a pump only night anymore, but I'll still bring and fling with my KP. Last time I played recball by myself, that's all I did, showed up with just my pump, bought 500 rounds, played with the recballers, and walked home with 200 leftovers. It was a fun day of play. The wife and I will have our KPs with us this weekend, and unless her family decides to actually come out like they said they would a month ago and we need to bring more gear for them, just our Tippmann mechanical semis, just in case we want to "up gun" a bit.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I still plan on being there, most likely shooting pump as well though I may bring something else.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Not sure exactly when the wife and I will be showing up, probably around 6 or later in the evening (I've got an event to work in KCK, out by the Speedway, 'til 5pm), but we'll be there 'til they're done with us and kick us out. We'll be bringing our pumps and mechanical semis, nothing too fancy. Got one Army friend who might be coming, and a couple other friends from St Joe who might also be coming, but we'll be there, barring some other personal disaster. Hope to see you guys there.

My feedback
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

The wife and I did make it out last night, with none of the other friends and family that said "sure, we'd love to go!" Of course, I learned a long time ago that if you wait for everyone else who says they want to go play paintball, you will be waiting to play paintball for a very long time. But we went, and saw Stumpy, and timmycuddler, and Wes from the Muddy Water Boys up in Nebraska (he's on here, but I forget his user ID, my brain just no worky this morning) who was sporting an awesome '97 'cocker-bodied, stick-feed Sniper. KO, if you were there, bud, I didn't spot you and vice versa, which is okay, I know that life interferes with all of our plans.

The economy must be picking up because Jaeger's was PACKED all night long. The downside to that was with a larger population present, there was a higher incidence of wipers and overshooters. The other downside was that "target-rich environment" barely scratches the surface of how many players were on the field at any given time. But, the wife and I stretched 1,000 paintballs to 4 and a half hours of playtime for both of us, and while we had some bad moments, it was pretty enjoyable over all.

And my wife is so hooked on paintball. Jaeger's has made up some shirts that say "Paintball is Like Love" on the front and "Sometimes it Hurts" on the back, and she made me buy her one as her Valentine's Day present. In addition, she's already got her pink fade Infinity Legend (watch out guys - her joy of joys in paintball is marking out us big tough guys with her pink marker to embarrass us), and we'll be getting her a pink CCM T2 at some point.

Overall, a decent day of paintball, good to see so many folks out to play, and I hope everyone got home safe on the nasty roads of KC last night.

My feedback
Old 02-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Good to hear, they have been incredibly busy on weekends like that for 3-4 months now. They are working hard to crack down on recball, but it's been hard with all the guys that have highend stuff but suck at speedball so they go torch recball. New rules are being tried, I used to work there but left in favor of a higher paying job. I'm still good friends with everyone and so I try to keep up with everything happening in the caves still.
jerryjjackson69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Actually, the guys with the high-end electroflingers weren't the major offenders, it was the milsim guys with the store-bought ACU gear (and one kid with a Ranger tab that was a) way too ****ing fat to ever be a Ranger, and b) too ****ing young to have earned it or have the right to wear it, and I personally caught him wiping and just about whooped him right there on the field) (not that I'm bitter) and the Tippmanns made up to look like real steel guns that were the wipers and problem children. We had no complaints about the refs, either - they were doing everything they could, but just too few of them to the number of players on the field. When they saw a problem, they did take care of it, but when there's 80 to 100 players on the field and just 4 refs, that's a lot of area with no official eyes to watch. Were we unhappy with Jaeger's and their staff? No, we are very happy that they're doing such good business (80 to 100 recballers, plus at least 3 separate private parties in 4 hours' time) as it's a good sign that paintball is growing in the KC area.

Bottom line - we're not blaming the field for the actions of a few rogue players and plan on going back in the next couple of months, with friends.

My feedback
Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

It's not usually the experienced speedballers, the the wannabe children that just got the gear. Most of the milsim guys are always trouble, but the haven't been showing up as much anymore because they always get in trouble and then say that they are getting picked on because they're better. I actually went up and played a bunch of speedball today, it was a great time.
jerryjjackson69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

Sounds like it was a good time, even though I had to work, it was probably best I didn't. I've spent the past few days fighting a nasty cough, the running around would have just made it worse. Still, I would like meet up with you guys one of these days. Everytime I come across a good deal on an Infinity, I always remember you suggesting it to me when we met at the RON event. I wonder if the GR boys will be doing two this year or just hold the Spring event like last year. I should try and make it out this year.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Jerry - I know what you mean: you can't tell the serious players from the wannabes just by their gear, have to watch their actions. And I really didn't see the guys with the electroflingers playing dirty. Had no issues with those folks at all.

Phoenix - playing while sick is not a good idea, as you play like crap and feel worse afterwards. Better to save it for when you feel good. And while I'm friendly with quite a few of the GR boys, I'm not sure what their plans for this year are. BlueDragon? Anything to report from the GR meeting this weekend, like possibly a schedule of events for the year?

My feedback
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got there around 11:00, played one or two rec ball games then went to the back field with the muddy water boys. I ended up leaving a bit after 5:00 but had a blast. Got over shot a few times but really more because of the design of the field. Those huge pillars mean that unless you're yelling when you're comming off you may take a few extras. The muddy water boys were a great group to play with and I oogled wes's super cocker for a bit. They mentioned "turkey ball" a game they have every year in november. I may have to make it up for that next year.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central