mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Central (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/)
-   -   April 20-22, SPE near Bloomington, IL (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/193154-april-20-22-spe-near-bloomington-il.html)

usagi_tetsu 02-23-2012 01:10 PM

April 20-22, SPE near Bloomington, IL

Okay paintflingers in Missouri/western Kansas, want to go to Spring Pump Event out in Illinois? Now's your chance. The wife is doing something with her family that weekend I have no interest in, and it's my birthday that week, so I'm going to SPE in my '08 Honda Fit. I can fit 2 more bodies in the Fit and in the hotel room (Super 8 in Bloomington, $106.84 for the whole weekend, and yes, I got 2 queen size beds). Everyone pitches in for gas (the Fit gets 34mpg on the highway, and is roomy enough for 3 adults and our gear) and the hotel room, and everyone buys their own food (I will bring a small cooler for drinks and whatnot out at the field, or a bigger cooler if everyone will pitch in to fill it), field fees, and paint.

Pickup will be at my place in Columbia for you folks who live west/south of me (you can park your car at my house over the weekend - the neighborhood is super quiet and no one will mess with it), or as we drive east we can make some detours to pick you up, say like if you live in STL or Springfield, IL. Or you can drive on your own dime and meet us there, I'm flexible.

Schedule - meet in Columbia around 3pm Friday, April 20th, load the blue beastie, and hit the road. Get into Bloomington that evening and check into the hotel room. Saturday, bright and early, pile into car and go to Sudden Impact and play paintball 'til they kick us out. Go back to Bloomington for dinner, or other fun as we find it. Sunday, repeat of Saturday, hit the road as soon as we're done playing the tourney, and head for Columbia.

Pricing break down is this:
hotel room - 2 people is $53.42 each and 3 people is $35.61 each.
gas - 2 10 gallon tanks worth of gas to get us out there and back is the best estimate I can figure, $68 total (at $3.40/gallon, so this could be higher or lower), so $34 for 2 people or $22.66 for 3 of us.
food - we'll stop on the road Friday night for dinner, and then again for dinner Sunday evening. Breakfasts are taken care of at the hotel. Lunch will be whatever they have at the field or we bring a cooler on Saturday and Sunday. Dinner Saturday will be whatever you want, I'm easy and don't need fancy (but do like it).
fees and paint - none posted yet where I can find them, will put them up when I know more.

I am not requiring any money up front for this. If you want to pay cash as we go, that works for me. If you want to send me a check early for your portion, or PayPal, or what not, PM me and we'll discuss it in private.

I have an extra pump if someone wants to borrow it (an Azodin Kaos Pump), otherwise I'll be bringing out the bare minimum gear and not a lot of spares like I normally do. I'll also be bringing out trash bags to put on the seats for our car rides after we play. Otherwise, you're adults (I don't care how mature you are, if you aren't 18, I ain't your parent, and I will not be driving you across a state border, no no NO), and you can figure what to pack beyond paintball gear on your own. If you want a packing list, ask, and I'll help you build one (I'm a Sergeant in the Army, PCIs/PCCs are a way of life).

And yes, my reservations at the hotel are already made, so whether any of you go with me, I'm going. I'd like to save on costs, but if no one else manages to come, I won't go broke.

Phoenix01 02-23-2012 02:24 PM

Sorry, I meant to get back to you sooner but moving has taken all of my time it seems. After giving it much thought and discussion, my wife gave me the go ahead. Then I checked on my vacation time left and since I accrue vacation by a certain amount of hours per pay cycle, I simply will not have the leave by then. I'm sorry about that Bill, I was really excited for a couple of hours and then it dawned on me that I would not have the 24 hours of vacation needed since I work two 12's on the weekend...my job sucks.

The only shining light in all of this is that I have applied for a new job and it is very promising that I will get it. Depending on when my start date is and if they will allow me to have that Friday off, I could very well make this work. Even if I am not able to make it, I hope you have fun and get to enjoy the weekend.

usagi_tetsu 02-23-2012 02:30 PM

Bud, I was hoping you could make it, but I understand: real life > paintball. They'll have another one next year.

Here's to hoping you get nicer, more paintball friendly job soon!

Phoenix01 02-23-2012 02:44 PM

The pay increase would be nice too, $7 extra per hour as a programmer. I really appreciate the offer and for next year I will definately add this to the calendar of events.

usagi_tetsu 02-29-2012 12:04 PM

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

usagi_tetsu 03-08-2012 11:08 AM

Word from one of the folks in charge, SPE will be $15 entry fee for both days (or $10 for each individual day) and FPO. No hard prices yet on paint, but high grade paint in the past was priced at $65 per case, so expect similar prices this year.

usagi_tetsu 04-10-2012 11:13 AM

Still got room in the car and an extra, empty bed at the hotel room. Just about 10 days now, guys, here's your chance to make it on the cheap. I'm going whether any of go with me or not, so don't complain when I come back with all kinds of awesome stories and you didn't go.

joedirt199 04-11-2012 08:27 PM

i think most people are in the scenario tournament thread section.

usagi_tetsu 04-11-2012 10:53 PM

Yeah, I've posted up the room offer over there, might have to do it again, especially now that we're a week and a half out. You coming out, bud?

joedirt199 04-12-2012 12:34 AM

yup got a buddy from work and my brother coming down from iowa for this. should be good. let's hope for pleasent weather