mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Central (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/)
-   -   Midwest Pump League, any interest? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/207824-midwest-pump-league-any-interest.html)

BigDaddyBeavis 07-10-2012 02:45 PM

Midwest Pump League, any interest?
 
Looking to set something up for next year if there's enough solid interest... who would be willing to do a limited paint pump league with maybe 4-6 cities? I'm thinking Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Kansas City, or anything in between or even outside the area by a little. Would there be enough players and teams interested, as well as fields in each city willing to host events?

The idea is one event per city with a running point total crowning a series champion. Ideally, it would be a pre-pay series, meaning that you buy into the whole series from the start and send your team to each event. I'd like for this to be moderately priced to help offset the cost of travel.

All money would go toward profits for the fields and individual event trophies, plus a trophy for the series champion. I know some of you play on sponsored teams. This might be an opportunity for your sponsors to get involved as well, possibly with additional prizes, publicity, etc.

I think in order to pull this off we would need at least 8 teams willing to play in all events, and maybe open up registration to individual events for teams that can't travel.

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms? I'd love to do this, and I know there's interest out there, but for whatever reason we don't have something here in the midwest offering up a series similar to what's happening in other parts of the country.

TDIllini 07-10-2012 09:30 PM

I would be interested, but I'm having a hell of a time just getting 1 freaking team put together in the Chicago area. I almost need to start recruiting non-paintball players and introducing them to the sport.

Considering how few teams even show up for PSP pump events, I think you may have some trouble getting this together. That said, I wish you luck and I hope it happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBeavis (Post 2406669)
Looking to set something up for next year if there's enough solid interest... who would be willing to do a limited paint pump league with maybe 4-6 cities? I'm thinking Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Kansas City, or anything in between or even outside the area by a little. Would there be enough players and teams interested, as well as fields in each city willing to host events?

The idea is one event per city with a running point total crowning a series champion. Ideally, it would be a pre-pay series, meaning that you buy into the whole series from the start and send your team to each event. I'd like for this to be moderately priced to help offset the cost of travel.

All money would go toward profits for the fields and individual event trophies, plus a trophy for the series champion. I know some of you play on sponsored teams. This might be an opportunity for your sponsors to get involved as well, possibly with additional prizes, publicity, etc.

I think in order to pull this off we would need at least 8 teams willing to play in all events, and maybe open up registration to individual events for teams that can't travel.

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms? I'd love to do this, and I know there's interest out there, but for whatever reason we don't have something here in the midwest offering up a series similar to what's happening in other parts of the country.


analog42 10-20-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDIllini (Post 2407055)
I would be interested, but I'm having a hell of a time just getting 1 freaking team put together in the Chicago area. I almost need to start recruiting non-paintball players and introducing them to the sport.

Considering how few teams even show up for PSP pump events, I think you may have some trouble getting this together. That said, I wish you luck and I hope it happens.

yo td im building a pump right now and live in the chicago land area. im down to play pump. btw my home field is PBX in dundee. hit me back.

ves206 10-20-2012 09:52 PM

Joliet here.. play at fox.. cpx and badlandz.. usually only pump or limited paint semi.. hit me up

TDIllini 10-21-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by analog42 (Post 2510443)
yo td im building a pump right now and live in the chicago land area. im down to play pump. btw my home field is PBX in dundee. hit me back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ves206 (Post 2510907)
Joliet here.. play at fox.. cpx and badlandz.. usually only pump or limited paint semi.. hit me up

Nice. I'm actually considering putting a pump practice together within the next couple weeks. Do either of you have Facebook? Since I am organizing this across multiple forums, FB makes it easiest to communicate with EVERYONE and make it easier for people to respond.

CPX is where I have been playing, but I am not opposed to PBX since there are also a few pumpers that live closer to their field.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/386946164699455/ is the facebook link.

Let me know if you guys can get on there, if not we can organize here and on PBNation like I've been doing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC