mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
BigDaddyBeavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Peters, MO
Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaddyBeavis

Midwest Pump League, any interest?

Looking to set something up for next year if there's enough solid interest... who would be willing to do a limited paint pump league with maybe 4-6 cities? I'm thinking Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Kansas City, or anything in between or even outside the area by a little. Would there be enough players and teams interested, as well as fields in each city willing to host events?

The idea is one event per city with a running point total crowning a series champion. Ideally, it would be a pre-pay series, meaning that you buy into the whole series from the start and send your team to each event. I'd like for this to be moderately priced to help offset the cost of travel.

All money would go toward profits for the fields and individual event trophies, plus a trophy for the series champion. I know some of you play on sponsored teams. This might be an opportunity for your sponsors to get involved as well, possibly with additional prizes, publicity, etc.

I think in order to pull this off we would need at least 8 teams willing to play in all events, and maybe open up registration to individual events for teams that can't travel.

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms? I'd love to do this, and I know there's interest out there, but for whatever reason we don't have something here in the midwest offering up a series similar to what's happening in other parts of the country.
__________________
One Shot Wonders Designated Fat Guy

My MCB Feedback

Wildcat Paintball | Paintball Outfitters | CCM | PB Customz | One Shot Wonders



Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
BigDaddyBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012

I would be interested, but I'm having a hell of a time just getting 1 freaking team put together in the Chicago area. I almost need to start recruiting non-paintball players and introducing them to the sport.

Considering how few teams even show up for PSP pump events, I think you may have some trouble getting this together. That said, I wish you luck and I hope it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyBeavis View Post
Looking to set something up for next year if there's enough solid interest... who would be willing to do a limited paint pump league with maybe 4-6 cities? I'm thinking Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Kansas City, or anything in between or even outside the area by a little. Would there be enough players and teams interested, as well as fields in each city willing to host events?

The idea is one event per city with a running point total crowning a series champion. Ideally, it would be a pre-pay series, meaning that you buy into the whole series from the start and send your team to each event. I'd like for this to be moderately priced to help offset the cost of travel.

All money would go toward profits for the fields and individual event trophies, plus a trophy for the series champion. I know some of you play on sponsored teams. This might be an opportunity for your sponsors to get involved as well, possibly with additional prizes, publicity, etc.

I think in order to pull this off we would need at least 8 teams willing to play in all events, and maybe open up registration to individual events for teams that can't travel.

Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms? I'd love to do this, and I know there's interest out there, but for whatever reason we don't have something here in the midwest offering up a series similar to what's happening in other parts of the country.
TDIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIllini View Post
I would be interested, but I'm having a hell of a time just getting 1 freaking team put together in the Chicago area. I almost need to start recruiting non-paintball players and introducing them to the sport.

Considering how few teams even show up for PSP pump events, I think you may have some trouble getting this together. That said, I wish you luck and I hope it happens.
yo td im building a pump right now and live in the chicago land area. im down to play pump. btw my home field is PBX in dundee. hit me back.
analog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Six Point Five
 
ves206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: joliet illinois

Joliet here.. play at fox.. cpx and badlandz.. usually only pump or limited paint semi.. hit me up
__________________
play pump.......
Fox Paintball. Millington, Il.


http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog42 View Post
yo td im building a pump right now and live in the chicago land area. im down to play pump. btw my home field is PBX in dundee. hit me back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ves206 View Post
Joliet here.. play at fox.. cpx and badlandz.. usually only pump or limited paint semi.. hit me up
Nice. I'm actually considering putting a pump practice together within the next couple weeks. Do either of you have Facebook? Since I am organizing this across multiple forums, FB makes it easiest to communicate with EVERYONE and make it easier for people to respond.

CPX is where I have been playing, but I am not opposed to PBX since there are also a few pumpers that live closer to their field.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/386946164699455/ is the facebook link.

Let me know if you guys can get on there, if not we can organize here and on PBNation like I've been doing.
TDIllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC