mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaddyBeavis

and yet another thing i forgot to mention (and then I'll shut up for a while)... I've been trying to work out the logistics for a pump tourney series for next year. If this goes well, what would you all think about making this a series? I'm thinking 4 events. One at Jaegers, one at X Marks the Spot. There are two fields in St. Louis that would be willing to host an event. I believe there's a field in the Columbia MO area that's pretty central to everyone where we could hold one event. Isn't there another field in the KC area, or near Topeka that we could use? Point being, we could run a low-entry-fee series where all teams register for all four events and accrue points from each event to determine a series winner. We could make up trophies for individual events as well as a larger trophy for the overall winner. Some of us play on sponsored teams, so we may be able to solicit additional prizes. If you all think this would be fun, we can work out the details over the fall and put it in place for next year and run one event per month, each one at a different field. The pump community is such a friendly one, and this would give us all a chance to make some new friends in the pump world plus maybe stimulate pump play at fields where the style is still emerging. It would also expose players to fields and teams they might otherwise never play, thus putting the bug in everyone's head to get out and play at new places, as they would now have new friendly faces to hang with. Any thoughts?

My MCB Feedback

Wildcat Paintball | Paintball Outfitters | CCM | PB Customz | One Shot Wonders

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
BigDaddyBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

I support this idea in a limited way. If there was a series of four tournaments in four locations, I think it should be designed to really promote local participants and series participants.
A great thing about this format is that it only takes 2 people to make a team. The small team size makes coordinating the team very easy. Travel concerns with multiple dates make coordination more difficult. For example, I would be interested in playing in maybe two out of four. There may be a very limited number of teams that actually play all four tournaments. For the series to be considered a success even with limited numbers of traveling teams, it should also have the feel of a stand alone event that is focused on involving locals.
Sorry for that rambling. I do like the idea.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Stick Feed Aficionado

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyBeavis View Post
somewhat off topic here, but were you pump-friendly guys aware of the OSC tournament running in Millstatd IL (15 minutes outside of St Louis) in 2 weeks? Saturday is 3vs3 limited paint (40 rounds per player) and Sunday is 5v5 limited paint (60 rounds per player). It's a great event, and if you spread the word while there, you'll be able to round up SEVERAL people willing to travel to play in the 2/10 tournament. I'll be talking it up myself, as our team is already expressing interest in going (will probably bring 6-10 people).
Already signed up.

There are some decent fields in Springfield, MO to and the surrounding areas. There is a decent pump population down here.

Feedback
PathFinders Paintball Team
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

The field in Columbia (Kingdom City, really) does have some pump friendly staff, I just don't know how receptive they'll be to a pump series tournament. Worth a try, though, PM kwoodpaintballer87 on here, I think he's the owner or manager.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BigDaddyBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
I support this idea in a limited way. If there was a series of four tournaments in four locations, I think it should be designed to really promote local participants and series participants.
A great thing about this format is that it only takes 2 people to make a team. The small team size makes coordinating the team very easy. Travel concerns with multiple dates make coordination more difficult. For example, I would be interested in playing in maybe two out of four. There may be a very limited number of teams that actually play all four tournaments. For the series to be considered a success even with limited numbers of traveling teams, it should also have the feel of a stand alone event that is focused on involving locals.
Sorry for that rambling. I do like the idea.
you're absolutely right. i totally agree.

My MCB Feedback

Wildcat Paintball | Paintball Outfitters | CCM | PB Customz | One Shot Wonders

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
BigDaddyBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Blazing Paintballs? I don't know if it's still there or not, as they finally finished most of the new Highway 5, and it was on the old part of Highway 5, so haven't been by in a while. Might have to check it out next time the Guard sends me to Springfield for something (which will be in October, according to my calendar). I always wanted to stop in and check them out, but was always on too tight of a time schedule.

Damn... checking over on Peanut Butter Nation, looks like Blazing closed down over the winter - check it out. If I don't hear otherwise before October, I'll definitely swing by and verify yes or no on that one.
I had to drive to Arkansas last week for an Army class, and when I came back, I managed to swing by where I think Blazin' Paintballs used to be. Like I said "where I think", because while I'm pretty sure I went by where it used to be, I saw nothing that vaguely looked like what I remember being there. I'm pretty sure this confirms that it has been closed down.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
Stick Feed Aficionado

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Hey guys, I've got a field owner that is ready to do a 2-man pump tournament. It'll be at X Marks the Spot Paintball in Lebanon, MO. The tournament will be on Oct. 27 and entry will be $75 per team. There will be a BYOP option too.

Stay tuned for more details...

Feedback
Old 09-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

2-man tournament or 2man limited ammo? Thanks for the info either way.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Stick Feed Aficionado

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
2-man tournament or 2man limited ammo? Thanks for the info either way.
It'll be 2-man pump tournament - But no ammo limit as of yet.

Feedback
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Stick Feed Aficionado

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Alright, we got a 2-man tournament setup:

2 Man Pump Tournament

Not limited paint, but this could be a good testing the waters for a limited paint series.

Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central