mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Central (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/)
-   -   Ready to duck while asking this question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/central/208608-ready-duck-while-asking-question.html)

jellyghost 07-20-2012 02:06 AM

Ready to duck while asking this question

Maybe I should have asked this in a new players forum because it may have been talked to death.
I stumbled onto a video and website for the 2/10 tournament format. It seems to be limited to Florida, but why wouldn't that be a great excuse for a midwest meetup? Only drawback that I see is that the field owners would have a hard time making money. Jaegers in KC seems to have already embraced the two man team format. Just have to convince them to limit the ammo and raise the entrance fee?
Before asking this, I did try to search previous discussions of the format, and I couldn't find real detractors.
What are your thoughts?

samthepainter 07-20-2012 03:36 AM

I would love doing this. Of course, the biggest problem, like you said, would be commercial fields finding it worth the time and money to put it on.

Stump 07-21-2012 03:55 AM

I have been thinking about asking the boys at Jaegers about this too. I think it would bring a decent turn out and be a tournament I would actually have a desire to play, along with a lot of the people I play with.

Deuce 07-21-2012 04:04 AM

Its a great format. I came up here from Orlando and the format was spreading through central Florida pretty well. Send Ninja Dave a PM, he'd be glad to talk to you and help with any info, he's a great guy. If he doesn't get back to you he's really close to wmdfrank, and Frank is very familiar with it as well.

jellyghost 07-21-2012 10:08 AM

It is my understanding that you can play with any type of gun. That really makes it accessible for people. A reasonable time limit on the games, and a higher than average entry fee would maybe make it work for Jaegers.

Deuce 07-21-2012 12:34 PM

Yep as long as it holds 10 balls. I've seen Frank and Dave go 1 on 1 with Dave shooting his trusty Phantom and Frank using one of his T8s.

Silver 07-22-2012 01:28 PM

Hey Jelly,

Why would Jaegers have to have a higher entry fee? Make the tournament standard fees, low paint consumption, low capacity and get more players to pick up limited paint play styles. Get more people involved :)

jellyghost 07-23-2012 02:19 AM

I assumed that the field makes their money by selling paint. When they have a tournament is it usually field paint or byop? I would prefer lower entry fees. I just thought the field would not be happy with that.
BTW, Does anybody want to play at Jaegers after five on Tuesday?

Silver 07-23-2012 06:55 PM

Jelly, I would be down but I work. Sorry man.

jellyghost 07-23-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver (Post 2420536)
Jelly, I would be down but I work. Sorry man.

Thats ok. I have to spend a long day sanding a floor. May not have any gas in the tank for paintball. But I hope so.