mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Anyone play at Futureball outdoor in MI?

I am going for the first time this weekend and wondering if it is a pump friendly environment at all, or if I should put in the effort to try to get an Autococker running.

Last edited by WilD; 03-26-2014 at 05:26 PM.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Haven't gone since moving to VA but I know some of the refs(old teammates) and you will love the field. It is very pump friendly.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Thought about it but haven't been over there since like 2001. I'd assume business as usual meaning just mixing in with rentals and regulars. I suspect with it still being cold as balls that the newbie / rental crowd will be pretty small though.

HSI is moderately pump friendly though. Mostly you just and mix in there too though. Will have to see if the Pump days happen this year. You gonna play some of those?

SPE is coming too, you going? huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll come out, and we'll make it pump friendly.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I'm sure there will be some renters since I'm going with a small group of guys that aren't all regular players. This is basically an outing of the husbands from my wife's group of friends, so may make for an interesting time. I think we are supposed to bond or some ****.

There is a high likelihood that I'm going to rock a pump simply because I have not attempted to use any of my Autocockers in several years. I have no illusions that the few that were working are still going to be air tight after sitting so long and I've been too lazy to even investigate further. Maybe I'll head to the basement tonight and see what's what...
Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I actually played there for the first time last weekend for the opener. There was me, who was playing with my mech cocker because I had old paint to use. There were 3 renters, their guns seemed to be working good but the masks were fogging a bit. Bring some microfibers to buff the rental masks up, that seemed to help them some. 1 gear owner had like an etha or something, it broke and he switched to a Tippmann. 2 gear owners had pumps, both cocker conversions. 1 gear owner had an electro he shot quite a bit, and the final gear owner had an electro he mostly one balled with.

So ya, 8 people were there, 3 rentals, 3 semis, and 2 pumps.

When are you going? I am considering the afternoon session on Sunday if the weather forecast stays the same.

Last edited by 2hits; 03-27-2014 at 02:34 PM.
2hits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
We are supposedly going for the morning session on Saturday. You guys are encouraging me to just bring a pump.

Is the field good about filling old exempt 7oz. tanks? I've never had a problem, but I always wonder if I'm going to get resistance from a commercial operation. Not really a big deal though... I might just rent one of their HPA bottles for $10.... probably a better deal if I wind up shooting a lot (not likely I guess).
Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
They didn't even have C02 fills last weekend, and I doubt they will for a couple weeks at least. They didn't check my HPA hydro, but it seems only 10% of fields actually do that.

If a person showed up with a CO2 tank and acted surprised and dissapointed that fills were not available, said person may very well get a discount on tank rental.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Hmm... good to know. I have no current HPA systems anymore. My Nitro Duck system I bought new in the late 90's is cosmetically mint, but has now exceeded it's service life. So, it sounds like I'll be renting a tank.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
One other piece of advice is waterproof boots! Overall it was actually pretty dry, but behind some of the key bunkers on the speedball fields were some 6"+ deep puddles.

Oh and we played all back-to-back games so plan your paint load accordingly.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central