mcarterbrown.com

Old 11-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Kyle - the day I went and had problems was about 2 years ago. Been a long time, can hardly remember when it was exactly. The biggest problem is that all they had for sale was winter fill paint and it was like 70* that day - we weren't flinging paint so much as we were slopping thick margarita mix everywhere. The other problem was that there were so many people out to play, there was just not enough referees out for the size of crowd that showed up. All in all, it was just a bad day of paintball, and I've lived far enough away since then I never tried to go back. Now, with fellow TOG'ers living in the area, I think it's about time to go back out and give you guys another try. How about this weekend? You guys gonna be open? (j/k, it's dumping ice and snow on Missouri all weekend, and I ain't that hard up for some paint action)

Mustang - go to the PBKC homepage at groups.yahoo.com and in the Files section, you'll find .doc's with directions to all three fields. The short answer to your question, though, is near Van Hook Park in Independence, MO. And I remember the dregs of the Owen's Outpost guys, I think some of them were attached to the old teams of Shadowmen and Missouri Magic. Some were okay, but most were, as you put it, paintball snobs.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to commando kyle Send a message via Yahoo to commando kyle

It would be great if you guys could come out and give us another try. Things have changed a good bit in two years. Mainly, the original staff is gone, and that helped a lot.

"Who Dares, Wins."
commando kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

I had actually planned on making it out for your Battle of the Bulge game, but my life has been just a little slice of too bloody busy since I got back. Sad thing, too: got all this spiffy gear while I was gone (gotta love hazardous duty pay and a 'net connection) and haven't gotten to play with any of it. *feh*

Anyway, now that I know you gents are working on making it better, I'll work on coming out when the weather clears up. Any off-the-wall tournaments coming up next year, like an all pump or mechanicals only?

My feedback
Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to commando kyle Send a message via Yahoo to commando kyle

Im working on my boss on that exact subject actually... an all pump tourney is probably too sweet a dream, but a mech only? I may be able to manage that for next year.

"Who Dares, Wins."
commando kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crom's Favorite Son

Private Pump / Pistol Game on 01/20/07 @ 11:00 - 2:00 & 3:00 - 6:00

MCB members are welcome to join our group from MN

RoBo
Old 12-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Kyle - Sweet! I've been wanting to go out to St Louis for Xtreme's mech only tourney, but 4+ hours drive time is a bit much for a tourney. Now to find some other goobs who are up for it... Mustang?

RoBo - The 20th? Bloody hell, I'm already slated to do something else that weekend - namely, beating my friends with sticks. Sorry bud, gonna have to take a rain check. =(

My feedback
Old 12-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crom's Favorite Son

Bring em with we'll switch off -

I tried that a couple years ago in Milwaukee it was a blast!

I guess I did a big no no when I held aloft to my padded sword and yelled I HAVE THE POWER!!!

I was beset on all sides with angered foam weilding teens - I felt the love

RoBo
Old 12-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

If you need to borrow a mech marker I have 4 vm 68s that are up and running, lol, old school got to love them, and I picked up a couple of nightmares here. kyle is so jelouse( still can't spell worth a hoot, lol) I want a phantom but still haven't found one cheap enough.
edm
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

RoBo - "I HAVE THE POWER!!" That's effing funny, bud, truly funny. =) Unfortunately, you're thinking boffer weapons (which I have done and is fun, don't get me wrong), but what we do is far more intense - full speed, full contact, real armour, and with only slightly fake weapons made of rattan. Do a search on YouTube for Society for Creative Anachronism or SCA for more videos. Or go to the home website for a local chapter.

Mustang - Borrow a mech marker? Naw, I'm more than good. =D If it wasn't for my deep appreciation of our friends over at the TOG, I probably wouldn't have ANY electros in my collection (well, maybe one just to tinker with). As it is, out of 25 markers in the collection, only 7 of them are Tribals and the rest are pump and semi mechanicals. Just a question of what I want to play with at the moment: Tippmann, classic 'mag, newer Tippmann, high-speed 'cocker, old school Tippmann, EXC-68, pump Tippmann (do we see a pattern in my collecting tastes? nope, I didn't think so either), and other various and sundry oddities. Though now that you mention having all those VM's, you and I may need to get a team together for this proposed mech-only tourney: The Raging VM's! The Anvil Bearers! The Black Holes! The last is because with that many VM's in one place we'll be pushing an event horizon and you know the singularity is not far behind that. ;D

And keep searching all the for sale boards; here, PBN (they are good for sales, but not much else), eBay, TOG, AO, and CustomCockers.com are my faves, and have done me well over the years.

My feedback
Old 12-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

Iknow 3 other guys that I play paintball with that have vms, wouldn't that cause the axis to shift, lol
here's a list of my toys

1 custom stock class sniper
1 Firestorm ( Disassembled waiting for free time to get to machine shop)
1 M3 Black Dragun
1 Tippman Prolite
2 Stringray 2
1 blue Raptor
1 2002 BKO
1 2003 BKO
2 Bob Long Defiants
3 98 rainmaker
1 VM68 Magnum
1 shocker sport ( Disassembled waiting for rebuild)
3 stock VM68s
1nightmare lb comp
1 nightmare sb comp
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central