mcarterbrown.com  

Collectors Corner A place to post up and show off your collection.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Maggy Moo's Less Interesting Guns (LOTS O' PICS)

So with this whole photobucket fiasco going on, I decided to just make a new thread instead of fixing my old one. This one is for all the less interesting guns I have. Mostly stuff I flipped. I'll make a new one for all the cool guns a little later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piranha GSX
-CP regulator
-CP clamping feedneck
-Flush cocking kit
-Scenario Dreams T-Board
-ghetto tape trigger stop!!

The gun that started it all for me. My cousin, who took me paintballing for the first time when I was 12 or so, was getting rid of all of his gear (he basically rage quit), and gave me this along with a few others. Over the first 3 years of playing, I modded the crap out of it, resulting in the above. I got it down to 220 PSI, would pinch paint, and no joke got just shy of 1000 shots out of a 48/30. I still have it and even though I hadn't shot it in 4 years, it still cycled perfectly when I gassed it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1999 WGP Autococker
-DYE 1-piece barrel
-DYE Slider frame with AKA internals
-Palmers Rock LPR
-Palmers Quickswitch 3-way
-Shocktech Alien bolt

Found this at a pawn shop for $50. It took me forever to get the trigger working properly (it had some weird binding), but it was pretty amazing when I got it. With the flattened timing rod, it was really short and snappy. It convinced me to put a slider on my Trilogy (my primary shooter), and once I did that, I didn't have much reason to keep this.

Toxic Toys Tribal Twister
-CP 2-piece barrel
-ICD Lasoya reg

Traded the above 99 cocker for this. Sweet shooter. I was really surprised with how smooth this gun was. And the single trigger was just fun. I used it as my loaner gun until I picked up my first mag. I know a lot of people have had problems them; this one worked flawlessly for me. It's probably the gun I regret losing the most.

Generation E Matrix
-Gen 1 CP reg
-CP Rake Trigger
-CCM feedneck

Traded the Tribal for this chunky mofo. Amazingly smooth, and the trigger was surprisingly very fast. Played with it once, then sold it locally for way less than I should have. Wish I had taken a better pic of it.

Kingman Hammer

My parents found this guy at Deseret Industries (church-run thrift store) for $25. I hated the backbottle setup, but I had a lot of fun playing with this. I ended up selling it when I picked up an SL68 II, and regretted it.

Brass Eagle Cobra Jr

This gun was posted for sale on a local classified. He didn't know what it was. Took me a minute to figure it out myself, lol. Unfortunately I was never able to use it, due to a leaky cupseal.

Tippmann 98 Custom

Traded the Cobra Jr for this. I was intending to use this for an e-bolt build, but I ended up giving it to a friend of mine who was interested in getting into paintball. Don' think he ever used it.

Psychoballistics Superbolt
-Fauxblocked
-tons of Planet Eclipse stuff

A customer at the paintball store I work at brought in this really sweet Orracle that he got for cheap. It was decked out with a full Planet Eclipse Nexus kit. He decided to pump it. But after doing the conversion for him, he gave me most of the parts (E2 and pneus). So I bought this body to throw all the parts onto. Ended up having a lot of trouble with it, and then got a Mini Orracle body. Moved all the parts over and sold this.

ICD 2004 BKO

One of many guns I acquired through the paintball store I worked at. Customer brought it in for us to repair, and it ended up having a problem that they didn't want to pay for, so they donated it to the store for parts. Which basically meant my boss gave it to me. I was planning on fixing it up but lost motivation and sold it.

Bob Long Defiant

Same story as the BKO above, except that, after selling it, I found out that it worked fine. That was a bit irritating.

ACI F4 Illustrator

So, being Mormon, I served a 2 year proselyting mission from November 2011 to 2013. While out, I was not allowed to play paintball, and I left all of my gear at home. I missed having a gun to mess around with, so when I saw this at a thrift store I picked it up. I literally bought it just so I could hold a paintball gun every once in a while. Sold it when I got home.

Funny thing is that it was made in the part of California where I was serving.

PMI Piranha Short Barrel
-autotrigger

Saw this on a local classified, disassembled in a box, for $25. Hard to argue with. Ended up only missing an o-ring for the gas line. Played with it a few times, but much like the Hammer, I hated the backbottle.

AGD Minimag
-DYE glued Boomstick
-Benchmark Double trigger
-Level 10
-SP Gadget Grip

Another local classified find. Ended up being built by a local automag nut that I was friends with. I didn't realize it had the Level 10 in it for a full year of owning it. Loved the gun, but it was too heavy to work for what I wanted it for (loaner).

Diablo AR-1
-LCD board from a Wrath

Another abandoned gun from the store. Ended up being an easy fix. Shot surprisingly good. Played with it once, and sold it. Which took over a year.

1995 WGP Autococker
-generic pump kit
-Powerlyte Styx Slider frame
-CP V2 reg
-DYE? quick release bolt

Picked this up for absurdly cheap in autococker form, and slapped on a generic pump kit I had lying around. Played with it, didn't love it. At this point I was pretty much sure I was done with pump.

Smart Parts Eos
-Angel On/off
-Laser eyes

Picked this gun up to replace the Minimag as my loaner. I always loved the look and feel of these. It was a good shooter, but it ended up being too much trouble than it was worth. The final straw was when the battery harness ripped out of the board.

Tippmann A5
-J&J barrel
-Shocktech Foregrip
-Shocktech Rail adapter
-Smart Parts Smart On/off

Found an A5 in pieces at the store, abandoned by a previous employee. It took me something like 12 hours to clean the dang thing, it was so coated in old paint. I think I used it once for a private game I ran, then flipped it.

DYE DM7
-CP 2-piece barrel
-CP on/off plug
-CP Rake trigger
-Dangerous Power RAPS ASA
-CCM No Pro Feedneck

A friend of mine picked this up along with some other guns, missing the board, eyes, ASA, barrel, and most of the screws. He ended up giving it to me, not wanting to spend the time and money tracking down the parts. I didn't know it at the time, but the store I worked at had a DM Master Tech kit, which had all the parts I needed to rebuild it. It shot great (like all DM's), and I loved the gun, but I ended up trading it back to my friend for approximately the same value as the parts I put into it.

WGP 2004 Prostock

Another pawn shop save. I bought it, stripped the immaculate DYE Sticky 3's and replaced them with the pictured Sticky 2's, and then sold it.

PMI Piranha
-32 Degrees Quiet Riot
-Metal Eforce frame
-Lapco Dropforward

Yet another store acquisition, this was missing the bolt/hammer linkage pin. I found a suitable replacement and flipped it.

Tippmann 98 Custom Pro
-Flatline
-Cyclone
-BT Sealed Bolt System
-Collapseable stock

I had a pile of abandoned parts at the store, so I ordered the cheapest 98 I could find off of ebay (some broken rental) to fix up and take all the parts. This was the finished product. I ended up having to buy a new receiver for it, as the original one had a broken pin that I couldn't get out. Sold it locally without the flatline, because it was causing velocity problems.

Brand New CCI Right Feed, Backbottle Phantom

Local classified find. Bought it cheap, traded it. By this point, I was getting pretty aggressive with my gun flipping.

ICD 2005 Freestyle
-Palmers Rock LPR
-generic clamping feedneck

Traded the phantom for this. I always wanted a Freestyle. I really liked the how the gun shot, but the ergonomics were a bit dated, and the rear profile of the gun was really weird. At about the same time, I picked up a G3 so I had little reason to keep this. Sold it to a member here who flipped it within a month haha.

[ACCIDENTALLY DELETED THIS PICTURE]

Dangerous Power G3
-CP V2 Reg
-CP Sling Trigger
-CP On/off
-TechT L7 Bolt
-Laser eyes

Picked this gun up off of facebook for embarrassingly cheap. While stock G3's are finnicky, all of the upgrades on it make this not only much more reliable, but also make it a really great shooter. Due to its weight, size, and reliability, it replaced the Eos as my loaner. And it's a good enough gun that I'll use it from time to time. I love the fact that the trigger uses an optical switch. And that the board used plugs instead of solder joints. And that the noid is manifold mounted. And that it used o-rings instead of a proprietary manifold for the noid mount. And so on...

I'll have to take a better picture of it later. This one is mediocre.

Nelson Paint Company Challenger
-Modified Chameleon kit
-Daisy sight

An old coworker of mine messaged me a while back, saying that his great uncle passed away and left a few guns behind. This was one of them. It's obviously a Nelspot Challenger, with a modified Chameleon kit. Both the ram and the LPR (on the other side) are PMI, with a TAC 4P switch mounted inside the grip. Pretty nifty piece. Actually really comfy with a gas-thru T-stock and a winchester 50 rounder.

The sight is really funky; it doesn't use batteries at all. It has a reticle in the back and just reflects that onto the aperture.

The most ridiculous local classified purchase I will ever make. Everything you see pictured (WDP Joy Division Angel G7 with Spec Ops T2W Stock, Palmers Superstocker, E-gripped A5 with Opsgear SAW kit, and 2 RAM .43 cal M4s) plus a scuba, and a 50lb CO2 tank with Ninja Premium fill station, for $250. I sold the Angel 2 days later for that much.

There are several more that I haven't taken pics of yet (like a low serial 68 Special) and a few that I never took pics of (like a Spyder Victor 2 that I gave my sister-in-law). But that's more or less it. Like I said at the top, I'll make a different thread for all of my cool guns once I finish up a few builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?

Last edited by magmoormaster; 09-05-2017 at 12:54 AM.
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Reserved, just in case

Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

And one more

Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
FNG

Some cool pieces
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Land of OZ

Some cool guns there

Particularly liked the Chameleon kit fitted to Challenger
Old 07-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Did you ever end up selling that super stocker? I commented on the pic on Facebook when you said you were thinking of selling most of it. I like the fact that most very attainable.
a.greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Not yet. It has some weird valve problems that I haven't had a chance to fix.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Collectors Corner