mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan

By wintermute2009, shot with COOLPIX L18 at 2010-01-11

this is actually from the whats on your workbench thread, but I love the idea of this thread since I love superbolts and even though its not technically "done" it is at a point at which it works.

essentially I wanted to make a cocker "pistol" that Ill switch the pneumatics out w/ a wwa pump kit when I want to. it will be off the jcurt very soon to be half'd and to have the feedneck cut off and replaced w/ an adapter plate to take the kind of springfeed you see in the bottom left of the frame

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
wrongbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Bought it brand new and built it up myself. Shoots amazing, looks great, and it's very light. When I finished this I realized I don't like halfblocks so I sold it.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

yea ccm frame, he retapped the threading to fit the standard threads, same thing i did with mine to fit the wgp slider.

he was an ME major and loved to make things in our schools machine shop. i believe he midblocked it himself and made the bolt design using a fluid dynamics simulator to get the most efficiency. he had a merlin he was going to turn into a balanced valve cocker but he never got around to actually sending it through the mill. hmm i wonder what he did with the cads....

but i just realized that is pretty ingenious what you did with your pump. just bent the rod instead of filing the little ramslot off, lets you switch back when you want, while adding another guide for the rod. ingenious!
"....is that a master hiding there, awesome!"
"look at all the brass!!"
"....oh, a luxe."

Only on MCB

Feedback
gunangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunangel View Post
but i just realized that is pretty ingenious what you did with your pump. just bent the rod instead of filing the little ramslot off, lets you switch back when you want, while adding another guide for the rod. ingenious!
The Sanchez kit actually came with the rod like that. The rod is a little soft, but it needed final fitting anyway.

The first iteration I had was a wood pump handle attached to the ram stem and the stock rod, on an x-acto knife handle. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend any money on the whole thing. The original plan was to use the flatline direct, but it's response around 400 psi was not consistent enough for pump shooting imo. The empire reg being supplied at 650 and dropping to around 350 works much better (with new springs).

You have to look carefully at those half blocks with ccm frames to notice the superbolt!

Last edited by Spider!; 01-13-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: 400psi not 600psi
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

alright i have to know....you have to put an offset rail when you use a sight mounted on the back of the superbolt right? or do people actually put the sight there to stare at the feedneck?!?! the dye reflex's came with what looked like a sight to zero in on the feedneck and i've always thought that was a big waste...
"....oh, a luxe."

Only on MCB

Feedback
Old 01-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
ur my sister

you have to keep both eyes open so that you can see through the feedneck. occulated eye sights work this way, like armson. if you focus on the target and bring the dot into view it looks like the dot is on the target even though there is something in the way. it works because the other eye sees what the dominate doesnt and fills in the picture for you.
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
you have to keep both eyes open so that you can see through the feedneck. occulated eye sights work this way, like armson. if you focus on the target and bring the dot into view it looks like the dot is on the target even though there is something in the way. it works because the other eye sees what the dominate doesnt and fills in the picture for you.
Exactly, like a $10 armson that works in the dark (the main time I use it). Being right handed and left eye dominant can be a "feature" instead of a "bug". The feedneck gives it needed protection.

I'll be waiting to see wrongbloke's sb when it's up.

Kahnif, any particular reason against half-blocks? Not liking them is fine and I can think of a few possibilities, but I've not heard that said before. I don't have anything half blocked.

Last edited by Spider!; 01-13-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

ahh makes sense! thanks for that. now that i think about it one of my feednecks came with crossairs cut into it. maybe i should give it a try

getting another superbolt body. sending one off to jcurt and going to try and tackle one myself, hopefully i'll have some of my own pics to add
"....oh, a luxe."

Only on MCB

Feedback
Old 01-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
NonsystematicNomenclature

OK just waiting for a electro superbolt......come on come on
Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Exactly, like a $10 armson that works in the dark (the main time I use it). Being right handed and left eye dominant can be a "feature" instead of a "bug". The feedneck gives it needed protection.

I'll be waiting to see wrongbloke's sb when it's up.

Kahnif, any particular reason against half-blocks? Not liking them is fine and I can think of a few possibilities, but I've not heard that said before. I don't have anything half blocked.
I like having a back block. It seems as if the whole half blocking thing was a huge fad and that's over now. I just don't like the look of half blocked cockers especially on nice bodies. The only bodies they look good on are superbolts and '02 prostocks.

The one I posted above felt great when holding and it shot great. I got the pump even smoother then my S6 is.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions