mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf-xx View Post
Look at Luke's custom mounts. They mount a hair higher and he's got two placement options.

That's a nice mod. I've been toying with the idea of doing that myself. I want to do a block that doesn't require modification of the hopper, but it's nice to see another proof of concept. And your mounting methods give me ideas.

That's a very nice warped cocker....
I did take a look at his mounts and liked one version but I think it still might be the same length as the original mount. I would like one that is about an inch longer than the original just so I have a little more space between my hand and the loader. I might still pick one up to try it out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
So the loader doesn't really have much trouble pushing paint uphill? Seems like it was done rather well, nice job.
It hasn't had a problem pushing the paint at all as long as the tension sensor is turned off. I am afraid to try really brittle shell paint though. If I do get some I'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
That thing looks ridiculously heavy haha
It's weighing in as pictured at a cool 8 lbs. 11 oz. Ha. It has a lot of heavy parts and stainless stuff. The SS Freak back and inserts, the drop forward, front block and asa, the Centerflag reg and the main thing is the SCI tank itself. Those are much heavier than newer tanks out now. It's going to be swapped out soon.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Henchemen Inc!

Send a message via AIM to vf-xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
I did take a look at his mounts and liked one version but I think it still might be the same length as the original mount. I would like one that is about an inch longer than the original just so I have a little more space between my hand and the loader. I might still pick one up to try it out though.
You can also play with where they're mounted front to back, as you can mount either to the front screw and the middle screw, or the middle screw and the back screw.

Not huge difference in side to side, you're right, but it does line the warp shell up straight, and lets you play with it front to back a ton.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I came across this thread looking for your feedback thread, got the Warp guts today too, thanks!

Nice job, seems like you dislike the hopper up top too. I made something similar, using Reloader B guts, I actually discarded the shell completely and made a box out of a childproofing power outlet box that sits underneath the gun. During testing it would skip every 4th shot or so when rapid firing, I am not sure if it was not strong enough or if the sensor was missing shots. My plan was to get either B2 or Magna guts to try next, it is good to hear that it will feed reliably with a B2, even with the longer hose than my setup. Here is mine:

My other setups include two E-Mags with Warps, one in the traditional location using Luke Custom's bracket and on-gun air, the other one with remote air and the Warp mounted close in, with an Eggy angled over the air-through stock for an unprecedented balanced Warp setup:

When the Eggy is full, the weight is perfectly balanced (side to side). As the hopper gets empty the weight shifts slightly back to the left but not nearly as much as with a traditional warp setup.
Doubledutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledutch View Post
I came across this thread looking for your feedback thread, got the Warp guts today too, thanks!

Nice job, seems like you dislike the hopper up top too. I made something similar, using Reloader B guts, I actually discarded the shell completely and made a box out of a childproofing power outlet box that sits underneath the gun. During testing it would skip every 4th shot or so when rapid firing, I am not sure if it was not strong enough or if the sensor was missing shots. My plan was to get either B2 or Magna guts to try next, it is good to hear that it will feed reliably with a B2, even with the longer hose than my setup.
Does the regular Reloader B allow you to change the speed, the sound sensitivity, and the tension control like the B2?

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream

Old 05-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
Does the regular Reloader B allow you to change the speed, the sound sensitivity, and the tension control like the B2?
Yes on the speed (3), no on the sensitivity (other than the "self-calibration" at startup), and no on the tension.
Doubledutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Yes on the speed (3), no on the sensitivity (other than the "self-calibration" at startup), and no on the tension.
BitWizard on AO used to do program flashes of Rel. B boards that put a lot of features on them. Idk if he still does.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
I think the tension setting is the most important for this setup. When I had it turned on I couldn't get it to feed all the way with my length of tube. It would normally stop loading about half to 2/3 of the way through.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I was thinking about a similar idea at work today. Good stuff.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
If I was you I would have put the hose on the same side as the hopper. Might as well just stick all the junk in the same spot. It would give you a clean right hand side to pop out of a bunker with. Other than that, it looks pretty cool! I didn't know reloaders were strong enough to work as warps haha!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
If I was you I would have put the hose on the same side as the hopper. Might as well just stick all the junk in the same spot. It would give you a clean right hand side to pop out of a bunker with. Other than that, it looks pretty cool! I didn't know reloaders were strong enough to work as warps haha!
Originally I was going to have it all go out the left side and was planning on doing a hole in the top of the reloader or trying to melt the shell like back in the day with a revy. The only problem was with that feed adapter running the hose straight down blocks my view down the barrel. So I had do it around the other side.

I still may refine it more as I get more time to play with it and test setups.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions