mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #871 (permalink)
Backard Engineer Special

Could you guys explain it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
The prototype is usually the hardest - then come the refinements then the ooohs and the aaaahs but they are always preceded by the !#@!@#! and the !#!!#@!% and the GAAAAAAHS
slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #872 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Yeah more when it's warm out but I would think it would help at least a little even in cooler temps. Isn't the boiling point of liquid CO2 below 0*F? So anything that helps the valve stay warmer than that right?

Would added surface area on the inside help the same way also? I wondering about the RTR valve inset here specifically.

Slinger - Spider! explains it better than I ever could here Scary thermo reg mod
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #873 (permalink)
DSL is new here

What would really help would be to have fins that run the oposite direction on the inside and an electric heat blanket on the outside, then the same kind of heat blanket around the 12 gram.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #874 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
The very thought of heating 12ies makes me nervous, I don't like it, maybe I'm just not adventurous enough.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #875 (permalink)
DSL is new here

They have temp controlled blankets like that. They also have pressure controlled ones.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #876 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
That would help with co2 efficiency when its warm out.
I think the hardest test we have given that valve is with a fresh overfill of the back bottle on a 50 degree morning. My son shot it down from overfill to 6 oz (oops) in a couple of minutes with no freeze on the valve. He cuts the thing no slack. It has also been through a few open class pump tournaments.

This pic is him at the 50 in a Viper 26 hr scenario final battle last spring. There's no one else in the picture because we haven't gotten there yet.

I'm not sure if fins would render 12gs good in very cold conditions, but I know this rig works better than my old mag on remote with an expansion chamber and is a hell of a lot handier. He has an 8 inch barrel on it now too.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #877 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm not sure if fins would render 12gs good in very cold conditions, but I know this rig works better than my old mag on remote with an expansion chamber and is a hell of a lot handier. He has an 8 inch barrel on it now too.
From the sounds of things though, it's worth a shot.

Random note. I love your idea of cold conditions down there in TX
Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #878 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
From the sounds of things though, it's worth a shot.

Random note. I love your idea of cold conditions down there in TX
Yeah, it's rare for it to be below 40 and dry here. Playing in raincoats and cold mud sucks (on your feet). Mags have their own set of CO2 problems, but you always have to have some heat transfer for CO2.

There was a finned, inline expansion chamber made. I think I saw one last year (used). That adds volume though.

Looking at a Nelson, you could fin the valve body on the outside, and I'm thinking that an aluminum insert shaped like a "venturi" bolt front, or inline honeycomb pushed inside the body with a compatible heat sink grease (if there is such a thing) would help boost surface contact internally.

I wonder if a loose sintered bronze sleeve would breathe well enough for that duty. If it didn't, the change in the flow curve might not be a bad thing.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #879 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'm waiting on some Bacci parts for my regged build using the Leprechaun valve. I'm going to run a Palmer's Stab into a non-angled ASA, with the bucket changer mounted vertically from the reg.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #880 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
Yeah, it's rare for it to be below 40 and dry here. Playing in raincoats and cold mud sucks (on your feet). Mags have their own set of CO2 problems, but you always have to have some heat transfer for CO2.

There was a finned, inline expansion chamber made. I think I saw one last year (used). That adds volume though.

Looking at a Nelson, you could fin the valve body on the outside, and I'm thinking that an aluminum insert shaped like a "venturi" bolt front, or inline honeycomb pushed inside the body with a compatible heat sink grease (if there is such a thing) would help boost surface contact internally.

I wonder if a loose sintered bronze sleeve would breathe well enough for that duty. If it didn't, the change in the flow curve might not be a bad thing.
Yeah on the flip side I can count the number of days above 90 on one hand each year.

For inserts I have something coming That might help out some. I'll let the cat out of the bag after I get a chance to test it.

I'm thinking the fins would likely be most helpful on a BBA or Dropout valves since 100% of the CO2 will have to to through the finned section of the valve.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions