mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

My baby girl's project angel

I am starting this thread to help get some ideas of what to do to my old 2k C&C LCD angel. It has been in a box for a few years after getting a lot of miles from me and its previous owner. I bought it back in 2002 from the Bad Boyz Toyz BBQ sale. It was a former team used gun of Aftershock, used by Todd Adamson. It is beaten up pretty well but that is soon to change.

My daughter was born 10 months ago. So this project is my way of finding a use for the gun and giving it a use. It is going to be her gun for when she is old enough to play.

Right now I am set on a few things for it.

Predator Board and Eyes
Fresh Anodizing job
Replacing a few of the well worn parts, namely feed neck and regulator with newer, or at least cleaner ones.
Custom Jewel stick, thankfully a mcb member makes them and my brother in law is a good artist so he is making me a design for it.

From there I am kinda drawing a blank on things to do with this gun. I have thought about trying to get an eclipse blade frame for it and having it ano'd along with the gun. But I haven't even really settled on a color/pattern yet for the ano.

So basically I am throwing this out to see if I can get some ideas.
Piccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

In ten years when new parts are hard to get and the gun is a collectable you might have wished you left it stock.

There will be many cheap guns out in the future ones that are smaller and lighter then an LCD that would be more appealing to a little kid.

I wouldn't bother with eyes in it. Not even sure if you can still get a new pred board for it or the eyes drilled by them.

It would be cool to get the stock board unlocked so it has all the firing modes. The gun is almost an antique, in paintball terms, it would be cool to keep it period correct, and if you plan to hold onto it for ten more years it would be more valuable with stock and period correct parts.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
You shut your mouth man! His wife is ENCOURAGING him.

Do you know how RARE that is????

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
gun hustler

Send a message via AIM to keithdizzle247

What user on here makes jewels?

Also I'm biased to keep it how it is, especially since it was a team gun and you know the history behind it

On the other hand, you bought it so do what ever the hell you want with it
keithdizzle247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

the mcb member that makes the jewels is Robertsr, the poster above you.

A few more details of the project. I have no real desire to keep it at is. It didn't come to me with all matching parts and I don't want to spend money to effectively downgrade it's usefulness. I collect angels, mostly LCD models.

Paintball Guns Photo Gallery by Piccolo80 at pbase.com

I have also recently acquired some gridwall from my place of employment. It is going to soon be mounted in my office. I am going to be hanging all of my angels on the wall and want this c&c to be worth hanging on the wall. Currently it is in pieces and the ano is chewed up pretty badly from me abusing it horribly while I was actively playing in tournaments.

Even if my daughter never wants to play this gun is going to hold some value and give me something to look at and think about when it is up on my wall.

I am looking for a chrome Angel Wings sight rail for it as once of the pieces that I am leaning towards.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gun Designer

Throw a UL frame on there or an ego frame. Anno it purple or pink and black. If you go UL or Ego run the board for that in the angel Predator still does BB milling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
MIballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

The idea of other grip frames is something I am toying with. Mostly seeing what I can find on the cheap.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Leave it originol. Just have it reanodized. Get it cleaned up here. Here's a place if you need repairs and everything else you want.

The Angel Guy.com -- Paintball Gun Repairs and Modifications -- Home Page

This guy is in business,just give him a call.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow I was really hoping for some more ideas on things to look into. I know all about the Angel Guy. I have had my own mamba lcd sent to him and predatored, as well as owning 2 other guns with pred boards.

I am not planning to do any major milling to the gun if that is what people are meaning by leaving it stock. The simple truth of the matter is that many of the original parts of this gun are not there anymore or I never had them. This includes internals and simple parts like screws. If you looked at the gallery I linked to you will see my angel collection, which has topped well over 20 guns before. Many of those came to me with some parts missing or defective. I pilfered most needed parts off this C&C. The board and battery are gone as are some of the screws and probably an o-ring or 2.

I was really hoping people might have good ideas for ano schemes or other cosmetic treatments for the body. Swapping the grip frame is an easier swap that will make it stand out a bit so is something I am looking at. I need to get some pics posted of the parts I still have to start from. That will happen hopefully by the beginning of the week once I am done working on my house all weekend trying to get new baseboard trims installed and building a few closets.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

What we really are saying is drilling it for eyes isnt the best idea. Putting in a pred board or a lucky board and running a good loader on it has no drilling and modifying required but still will make it more modern.

The Angel Guy is in different ownership now, it is now a company in Oregon that owns them not Bob from Georgia, I think thats where he was from atleast. I just didnt know they remade a run of the V3 angel boards.

Ano Schemes go crazy, Fades were becoming popular in the early 2000s if you want to make it look retro. A splash or sponge ano would be cooler and make it look more of a throwback then it is.

Theres no me in suck but there is always u
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions