mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

here is a 1st draft of the hibiscus/banana leaf pattern that I am toying with. It is rough looking b/c it is a first draft and because of the scanning. So please leave substantive criticism and not qualitative criticism (and of course please be constructive with your comments).

@ doczox: uhh.. huh?

@ elarson1423: I like the idea of a lighter shirt like beige or coyote, but what colors would the flowers/leaves be so the don't blend together?

@ Morhaughn: I totally get where you are coming from, but some have expressed interest in a more sedate hawaiian shirt. Thing is, if you want a loud, or bright, hibiscus shirt there are plenty of those around.

edit: if some one wants to clue me in on the uber-secret tech of making images appear in posts that be great so people don't have to waste time clinking the link. thanks

edit2: my current take on the colors the white (background) would be a light olive drab, the black flowers could be tan and the out-lined banana leaves would be a dark olive drab. there are also two versions of the hibiscus pistols/stamen (the central spike sticking out of the flower) --one with dots and the other outlined, which do you prefer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hibiscus.adj.jpg (53.1 KB, 19 views)
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 07-24-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions