mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 07-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sheridan Rifle Project

I am currently converting an old sheridan stock/trigger grouping to be an almost bolt on setup for normal Sheridans, like PGs PMI-1, basically any 12 gram ones (I don't wanna bother with tank rings.) Anyways, when I first stuck my pgp up to the pellet gun stock/trigger grouping i noticed it had a crazy weird sear....well it wouldn't work. The airgun was one of the Sheridan pump pneumatic pellet rifles and they had similar fitting but still differant sears. So I had to make my own using my 20.00 minimite dremal, hacksaws and a file. Heres where I'm at now.

my sears the top, 2nd down is the sheridan rifles, and last is a pgp sear.

Whats left to do? Basically 2 things, one is to have a very pricise hole drilled through the stock so it can be bolted on to any Sheridan using the front trigger frame screw hole. And two, the body of the sheridan i choose to use must have a hole drilled on each side of the back of the body so I can use the side screws to hold the body to the trigger grouping. The ugly sear that I made works PERFECT, but i'm going to need a machinest to drill the holes because ive put some effort into this and I don't wanna mess up a $100ish sheridan body or I could find one of the older PGPs, i believe some of those had the screws going into the side of the body to help hold the backpiece in place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0042.JPG (31.1 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0043.JPG (131.5 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 07-24-2006 at 05:12 PM.
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Looks good. Good luck with it and keep us posted.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thanks! the only problem is I don't really know what kinda metal the sears made out of. I think it must be steel because the last sear I made was made from alluminum and it felt much lighter. The newer sear was basically constructed out of a thick solid hinge of some sort I found in one of my dad's 15 year old toolboxes he doesnt use anymore. somewhere on the side of my sear I think it says Stanly made in USA, lol. Anyways, I'm very happy that the sear trips and performs perfectly. After I get those final mods done on the sheridan body and stock to make it fit... I may need to purchase some of those sweet scarecrow Sheridan accessories : ) Lol, and my goal was to essencially build a cheaper, non collectable KP......well...hmmm maybe I can still keep my total under 250......or can I?

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 07-24-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

update. The sheridan used for the sheridan rifle shall be........a PG. Yep, thats right, it will be a bolt action mini rifle.... or p-12...lol

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 08-06-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Brass works okay for sears. BEst bet for those types of sears is steel. If you go down to any sheet metal shop, they'll probly give you a small 2x2ish peice of scrap, 16guage or larger. IVe done two rifle with tat trigger group. One was ran over be me and my buick (since sold the buick) sad day. The other was never compleated as I ended up using the parts for another two projects, one being my K-68-magnum (used the barrel) They work good in general. Cartrige valved guns work best with that trigger group as you'll need to drill/tap a hole for the front mount (IIRC this ends up being drilled into the front valve half,)
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Do you need to tap the body? Could you just drill a hole where the front grip frame screw would hold on and run a long screw threw there to hold it on...OR somehow have that screw male/female screw extender thingy that was on the rifle sawed off....and soldered to the body, not taking a chance of ruining the valve.

Last edited by FeedTheDogg; 07-27-2006 at 11:23 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions

« pmi I | sniper fun »