mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
Another successful mod completed (Thanks Chris) ...
No problem Timmy. Those cuts on yours looked like the best yet . We'll have to see how it works the next time at the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Awesome job,I have a drummag I made with the same parts,have burned out a few motors myself,added a ball detent as suggested above and it seemed to help,do you have a part # on the Tamaya motor?I'd like to try that, the stock motor isn't very strong
I think the part number for it is in that picture. Item# 15134-300. You can just google search for Tamiya Torq Tuned (with Torque spelled Torq). I seemed to find more listing that way. They should only be around $3-$4 but with shipping they will be more. The torque Tuned one has the highest torque and lowest RPMs so it seemed like the best choice. I bought some of the other motors as well but haven't used any of them.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Awesome job,I have a drummag I made with the same parts,have burned out a few motors myself,added a ball detent as suggested above and it seemed to help,do you have a part # on the Tamaya motor?I'd like to try that, the stock motor isn't very strong
Just a couple questions: at what point in the feed system did you put the ball detent? and what kind of detent did you use?
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkroeker View Post
Just a couple questions: at what point in the feed system did you put the ball detent? and what kind of detent did you use?
would like to know this as well...also would a Magna's internals work?
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #34 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
would like to know this as well...also would a Magna's internals work?
I've been looking at the Magna's and wondering myself. I wasn't sure before about the deck and raceway tube on them since I've never had one to examine myself but I've been trying to find one cheap. They are different but I think it still might work unlike how a Rotor has a really completely different deck. Also, since you are supposed to be able to adjust the clutch system in the Magna I think it should work. Until I get my hands on one I won't know for sure.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream

Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

the raceway on the magna is the same as the Halo...had a feed neck break on me ans ANS gear had the race way for a great price as well as those carbon fibur looking shells for 7.95! since i dont use the Magna it would be kool to build a Box Mag that could feed 2 hoses for the Warped Nasty Mag i just finished...was gonna order a few True wyes PVC fittings an see how well the can feed 2 hoses...if not maybe 2 sets of internals will get some field time??? ill keep ya updated
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
the raceway on the magna is the same as the Halo...had a feed neck break on me ans ANS gear had the race way for a great price as well as those carbon fibur looking shells for 7.95! since i dont use the Magna it would be kool to build a Box Mag that could feed 2 hoses for the Warped Nasty Mag i just finished...was gonna order a few True wyes PVC fittings an see how well the can feed 2 hoses...if not maybe 2 sets of internals will get some field time??? ill keep ya updated
I would love to see some pictures of it. Let me know how that build goes.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
I would love to have that on a mag with a warp feed body
Here is some pictures of my buddy's Automag with a similar setup.

Automags.Org Online Forums - New Warperior Rail Presale - TimmyJay (design) & XMT (milling)

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions