mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Custom Projects / Custom Questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/)
-   -   Site Projects (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/1813-site-projects.html)

Al Ray 07-26-2006 08:54 PM

Site Projects

THinking it would be neat if we had 4 site projects a year. With 4 projects a year we would have enough time to plan the project, build the project and show the projects off/wit for others to finish. We have the spyder project now, thinking maybe a Kentucy rifle/Flintlock/pirate pistol next. After that maybe a Autococker build. Follow that up with a AKA Merlin blank body build. I figure two "simple" progects (like the spyder project) and two in depth projects. Any input on this?

Rainman229 07-26-2006 08:58 PM

you crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
:hammer:

sounds fun

Latoolman 07-26-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Ray
Kentucy rifle/Flintlock/pirate pistol

Ooohhh.... I like the sound of that one:hammer:

I got some parts I could supply to one of our more Talented airsmiths...

Tescrash 07-26-2006 09:37 PM

Already have a pirate pistol done. It's a Tigershark, but that's all I'm saying for now....

Crash 07-26-2006 09:44 PM

"Kentucy rifle/Flintlock/pirate pistol next"

Sounds good!

Frontier_Bill 07-26-2006 11:09 PM

I'd be game for a cocker build, or something really cheap, i.e. brass eagle....

I dont have much cash (and surprisingly i dont have a spyder or similar marker...), so, nothing too fancy for this guy.

Painthappy 07-26-2006 11:46 PM

Agreed. I'm thinking this can be an ongoing event. Some will attend, some will watch. Most won't be able to always participate, but in the end I think everyone, even those watching will get ideas and learn how to "tinker" with their guns.

Sounds like a plan.

Rainman229 07-27-2006 12:14 PM

what we need to do is a build off with teams.
one marker
one weekend
list of parts to be used
and team of atleast 4 people (one needing to own a mill)location where the mill is.
every one broard casting a web cam(yahoo is the easest)
and posting as they go

only real rule is no team is allowed to look at other teams threads till it's over
all parts must be used. one way or another
video of the end result must be put up with it working.

ano not part of the project

kind of like a junk yard war of paintball

Frontier_Bill 07-27-2006 01:37 PM

You make me cry... i live in the boonies, and could not possibly par-take in such a fun event...

Flatline's Up! 07-27-2006 02:03 PM

can I toss out a Tippmann build (A-5, 98/c prolite etc)?

I think it's a great idea and reasonable time frame as well as completly agree w/painthappy about the on/off entrance by membership.

I'd bet very few would attempt to do all the builds.