Pump ICD cat
So I have a few ICD cats sitting around and I'm thinking about making some sort of pump kit for em.
The ideas I'm sorting through right now are:
1. Unlink hammer and bolt
2. Make a new bolt for dedicated air flow to the ball and eliminate the need for the doughnut.
3. Close off the recock (rubber stopper combined w/ the recock screw).
4. Respring the hammer (possibly nelson springs)
5. lighten the hammer considerably.
5. Mill matching pump slots on both the reciever and frame.
6. Use tippmann linking arms to attach pump handle to bolt.
7. Possibly sc feed but that would be down the road.
Any of you icd cat lovers see any issues?
Anyone tried this before?
Call me crazy, but explain why.
I started a Thundercat pump, had it cycling perfect just needed to mill the body for pump arms(I was going for a set of under-cocking rods similar to the Tagmaster, either side of the detent.) I ended up have to sell the gun, and now I am looking for another cat to start again.
I have considered it several times. I had a few thoughts. First, neither here nor there, it will be beyond reason to make an autotrigger for it.
On the practical side, I think it would be easier to make a new hammer. I think the whole bolt / hammer setup will need some sort of support or guide. I was looking at using the rear velocity / mainspring adjuster to mount the internal guide. The cam action on the valve stem needs to be relatively rigid.
I think you may still need some recock gas to push the cam ring off the valve stem. Maybe not. We could also redesign the cam itself so that it would not hang. It's that cam action that drew me into cats in the first place. There's some tinkering to be had there.
The front of the lower body has some available material to drill and tap to mount a pump guide arm. Like cp mentioned, it's a good spot.
At one point, I was trying to layout a hammer and bolt so that I could shorten the hammer travel. Maybe not worth the effort, but you don't need the whole inch or so.
Other than the mounting holes for the pump itself, I was trying to keep the internals swap-able. I have a worn but working Thundercat for such things, but hadn't brought myself to cut on it.
Capital, what did you do with the recock?
The marker I had was perfect, with no o-ring on the bolt and the front bolt removed the gun cycled a shot and did not try to recock. I just adjusted the recock screw.
On the next gun I tried I had issues with the bolt holding the valve open after the shot. It might be best to pick a gun that already does not want to cock without liquid.
I really couldn't bring myself to cut the cat, because it was in too good a condition. I need a beater.
I did consider making a new hammer and using the current face from the hammer as that is already machined and hardened to whatever icd designed for this setup. I was thinking aluminum for weight with a stainless or hardened 4140 ring to catch the sear. This would also allow me to make multiple rings to adjust hammer travel. I did plan on using the lower body front to mount or even just doing it around the barrell/breech area. I'm still just planning but I think this is doable.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC