mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Boston Paintball "Resurrection" Twister... Welcome Home.

Fellow Carter-ites,

A few weeks ago I came upon an auction on eBay, the contents of this auction gave me a sense of excitement then upon closer inspection a heavy heart, let me try and explain...

Lets rewind all the way back to the mid-90's, I was attending Jr. High School in a North Boston Suburb and paintball was my life, every weekend I would head to the woods behind my friend's house, Traccer Maverick in hand and play against the ever growing group of other hooligans from my stomping grounds. As I admitted to my parents years later, I would skip school and use my lunch money to hop the bus to the nearest subway station with my friend once a week... our destination? North Station, downtown Boston, but we weren't going to the Boston Garden, we were heading across the street to Boston Paintball. We would head up the rickety elevator to the 6th floor of the run-down warehouse building to see the newest guns and gear, but I mostly wanted to see the newest Twisters. A gun that was always unattainable for a kid my age but the guys in the shop never denied a request to hold and "mock" shoot every one they had, every week. I was always in awe at the craftsmanship, the design and the outrageous anno patterns, it truly was a work of art.

Let's fast forward 17 years... I'm still a hooligan , but now I'm on the other side of the counter. I have been employed by Boston Paintball for 9 years, as a manager of retail sales and graphic designer for the same company that I revered as a kid. As a company we stand behind everything we sell no matter how old, we will always go the extra mile to service our products. In 2007 we offloaded the remaining Twister inventory that was tucked away deep in the BP Stock room and since then only 1 body remained in the building (one hand chosen by the owner). So needless to say when I saw this Twister I knew I needed to bring it home.

(pictured with the "Ultra-Mini" Dark Cobalt Final-Twister)

The body itself has been heavily damaged by an amateur mill/hack job, an attempt to create a full blown "mill-thru" Twister from a mid-range Twister-Lite body. In doing so the perpetrator used a hand-drill or drill-press to punch holes in the negative space between the top and bottom tube of the body. To me it was like drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa and after weeks of negotiations I found myself driving 3 hours north to Manchester, NH to pick up the body.

Now I was left with a decision, do I simply shadow-box this gun and hang it in the pro-shop as some sort of the show-piece... or.... perhaps this could be an "phoenix" opportunity, a "rise from the ashes" scenario?

Since I am posting in this Project Thread I imagine you guys have already figured out what I decided the fate of this body will be, but the details will be kept top secret for the time being. Be sure to stay tuned to this thread for frequent updates.... This will be a game-changer, that's a promise.

Last edited by ttwo; 01-08-2012 at 09:48 PM.
ttwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Knowing you bro,you'll do something amazing with that body regardless of how bad it is currently
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Sean,

This will be one for the ages... I think the 2nd pic may tip-off the direction I'm going
Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Raise it back up from the ashes and give it life! After all of that, you deserve to have something special.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Tony, lmk if you need any parts

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Tony, lmk if you need any parts
I think I've gathered everything I need for the time being... I'll be making a pilgrimage to Destructive Customs in the coming weeks to have some repairs made to the body.. amoungst other things

Let's just say this gun will have a little bit of all Boston Paintball signature guns combined with a twist.

Anyone have reputable Annodizer suggestions?

Last edited by ttwo; 01-08-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Backard Engineer Special

Bazooka boy. He's one of the best right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
The prototype is usually the hardest - then come the refinements then the ooohs and the aaaahs but they are always preceded by the !#@!@#! and the !#!!#@!% and the GAAAAAAHS
slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Call BPS. Get the front block, back block, and they may have the v-asa for you. They still have originals around and can be had on the cheap (like 20 or so per part). They'll match better than any other machinist you're going to find. If you need their info/who to call call, PM me. I was considering doing what you're doing to that body for months but couldn't justify it to myself since I already have a full twister. Good luck on the project.

Also, I know you aren't asking for this opinion and feel free to blatantly ignore it, but here goes. When you anno it, at least consider doing a solid, light color with a secondary color as a highlight. The reason I'm saying that is that it really shows off the beautiful milling, which really is the highlight of the gun. While it's great to do a nice splash (and some look awesome like this) or a simple dark like gloss black, it's kind of awesome to be able to really see the milling and attention to detail at a distance. The busier the anno gets, the harder it is to see the milling, which is the highlight of the gun. Just a thought. Bazooka Boy looks like he's doing great work, as is DMC anno. You can find them both on MCB.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!

Last edited by cfos00; 01-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Wow...can't wait to see how this turns out. I agree that splash anodizing doesn't work with a body like a twister. A multi-fade would be my vote.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
Call BPS. Get the front block, back block, and they may have the v-asa for you. They still have originals around and can be had on the cheap (like 20 or so per part). They'll match better than any other machinist you're going to find. If you need their info/who to call call, PM me. I was considering doing what you're doing to that body for months but couldn't justify it to myself since I already have a full twister. Good luck on the project.

Also, I know you aren't asking for this opinion and feel free to blatantly ignore it, but here goes. When you anno it, at least consider doing a solid, light color with a secondary color as a highlight. The reason I'm saying that is that it really shows off the beautiful milling, which really is the highlight of the gun. While it's great to do a nice splash (and some look awesome like this) or a simple dark like gloss black, it's kind of awesome to be able to really see the milling and attention to detail at a distance. The busier the anno gets, the harder it is to see the milling, which is the highlight of the gun. Just a thought. Bazooka Boy looks like he's doing great work, as is DMC anno. You can find them both on MCB.

Just a heads up...TTwo works for BPS and knows all too well who to contact....I had a chance to handle one of the last customs he did which was an uber-rare Mini-Twister Pump that Listessa currently owns...If this comes out HALF as cool as that did it will be Jaw Dropping!
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions