mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Hmm. What about a backwards buffer tube that opposes the bow? That would greatly reduce the shock to the bow limbs each time it fires, and you could perhaps make a weighted carrier for the paintball. No real barrel though I don't think.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Yea, I think we could build a good paintball crossbow. It's amazing it hasn't been done yet.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
One possibility is that because our power requirements are about 1/10 of a crossbow bolt, then we'd loosen the string 90%, resulting in a wet-fire (if that is a term) with paint.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like the idea too. I take foughtwolf's buffer as an air piston damper and bumper in the stock, catching the ball carrier some where around neutral string position. Kind of a rail slider and buffer for the ball carrier. It can be tuned to alter the release of the ball. I think my first upgrade will be something to hold the ball in the carrier until the buffer engages.

I was thinking about a crossbow that uses the bow for the magazine spring, but the magazine doesn't need enough tension to make it worthwhile. Too much work for the neat factor.

This sounds more like an MCB open build than any other marker.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
"Crow"

What do you guys think about taking this crossbow: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and loosening/extending the string so it has less draw weight and more draw length like a regular bow. Also, could alpha434's idea work if I attach a very long aluminum or delrin bolt to the string of the bow? Would that be enough to propel the paintball at reasonable speeds?

Last edited by THE PAINTBALL NINJA; 02-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
How do you plan to carry both the hand-mounted-joystick-controlled-laser-of-death and the crossbow which fires FSRs?

Do you plan on hand loading FSR or do you have some sort of mag / loading system for this set-up?

I like the idea but just trying to envision the endgame/setup.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
"Crow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
How do you plan to carry both the hand-mounted-joystick-controlled-laser-of-death and the crossbow which fires FSRs?

Do you plan on hand loading FSR or do you have some sort of mag / loading system for this set-up?

I like the idea but just trying to envision the endgame/setup.
The crossbow will be carried in my left hand or with a sling. If I need to reload, I'll just let go of the joystick and I'll have two open hands. I plan on making a way for breech loading first strike rounds or put a stick feed on for regular paint.
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ask me about my

what about doing a single barrel break open double stacked sheridan type design? or do a double stack, but just have an open breach hole to load rounds/for a stick feed
you could solder an end cap to the rear of the top tube and install a spring behind the bolt, so that when you pull the string (connected to the hammer) it would move the bolt back, and load a round, but then the bolt would move forward, pushing the ball into the correct position for firing. you'd then pull the trigger, releasing the bowstring propelling the hammer forward. process from there would be like any other marker of similar type.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbo View Post
what about doing a single barrel break open double stacked sheridan type design? or do a double stack, but just have an open breach hole to load rounds/for a stick feed
you could solder an end cap to the rear of the top tube and install a spring behind the bolt, so that when you pull the string (connected to the hammer) it would move the bolt back, and load a round, but then the bolt would move forward, pushing the ball into the correct position for firing. you'd then pull the trigger, releasing the bowstring propelling the hammer forward. process from there would be like any other marker of similar type.
Just make a bolt that the string threads through. Have a detent like any other gun... When the crossbow is cocked, a ball will drop.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ask me about my

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Just make a bolt that the string threads through. Have a detent like any other gun... When the crossbow is cocked, a ball will drop.
yeah. I was just thinking that if it was more like a sheridan you'd want the bolt to go forward to push the ball up to the transfer hole like the forward pump stroke does in a sheridan. depending on the force of the string you could break the ball, but that's something you could pretty easy figure out.
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!

Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions