mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

The short version basically is that if you intend to use it as a personal item at a field the chances of you getting caught/in trouble are pretty slim. If you attempt to ship it/sell it/etc then you're getting into hot water.

If you are worried about it a quieter barrel (heavier porting,etc) or a quieter marker in general is a better alternative to worrying about folks raiding your house.
Matt Ribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Alpha... Sometimes I just love you

Thanks for the information. I will need to include it with any future raincover builds.

Ty
QFFT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ribble View Post
The short version basically is that if you intend to use it as a personal item at a field the chances of you getting caught/in trouble are pretty slim. If you attempt to ship it/sell it/etc then you're getting into hot water.

If you are worried about it a quieter barrel (heavier porting,etc) or a quieter marker in general is a better alternative to worrying about folks raiding your house.
This is the attitude of the paintball player who has been bullied by the ATF throughout the 90s. It's not the case anymore.

There's at least two manufacturers that sell raincovers that don't hide the fact that they are silencers. There's at least two more manufacturers that integrate plastic shrouds into their guns that are designed to baffle the report. Then there's half a dozen manufacturers that make "mock" silencers that can be converted into real ones in an hour.

But we aren't even the people that the ATF give two hugs about... There are several high powered, mass produced air rifles on the market that have silencers, and advertise the fact. And then there's dozens of small time airsmiths that produce high-powered LARGE CALIBER *lethal* rifles that often have detachable silencers.

You can look at my earlier post to see how often the ATF can actually stick it to a guy... Crooker (lol name), was a convicted felon who sold an air rifle and detachable silencer across state lines. A jury convicted him on the sole fact that there was no clear definition of a firearm silencer, and the judge on the trial could not clarify this definition, even after the head jurer asked repeatedly.

When a judge ruled on the guy's first appeal, the ruling was overturned... And now this is legal precedence.

I invite you to put this in front a lawyer if you have any further questions. I have. And I fully intend on developing the best silencer ever made for paintball use in due time.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
. . . . And I fully intend on developing the best silencer ever made for paintball use in due time.
GET ON IT ALPHA!!! lol
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Well I haven't seen that case before, I'll be damned. You still have to remember that even if there is now a case like that on the books the ATF can still arrest you and make your life hell until you get a lawyer to clear things up. Not every law enforcement agent knows every trial, hell a lot don't actually know the laws. Tons of innocent people get arrested and brought to trial on their dime even if law enforcement totally ****s things up. Just because you're right doesn't mean it won't cost you a fortune.

Good luck with your endeavor.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Ditto!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
GET ON IT ALPHA!!! lol
Old 02-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
Well I haven't seen that case before, I'll be damned. You still have to remember that even if there is now a case like that on the books the ATF can still arrest you and make your life hell until you get a lawyer to clear things up. Not every law enforcement agent knows every trial, hell a lot don't actually know the laws. Tons of innocent people get arrested and brought to trial on their dime even if law enforcement totally ****s things up. Just because you're right doesn't mean it won't cost you a fortune.

Good luck with your endeavor.
Enforcing laws that don't exist opens government entities to all sorts of interesting lawsuits. I truly invite them to "make my life hell"... I can see the payout on the horizon.

I'm surprised that we, as a community, can't see through this same bs. This is almost exactly like redlight cameras. It's wildly unpopular, and every time I have something to do with it, I make sure to drain as much of your taxpayer dollars as I frakking can.

Last edited by alpha434; 02-13-2012 at 02:51 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

You know I'll be in line to buy one.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Me too LOL. Damn your products...
808Jackal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions