mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #381 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

The relocation of the chamber walls may reduce / prevent the transmission of a specific pressure wavelength through the can. I'm not sure this phenomena exists, I've only heard mention of it.

In any case, I'll be anxiously awaiting your follow-ups.

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #382 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Simon,

Was the disappointment that you could still actually hear the gun firing?

Mine was the same way... And someone speculated that an issue could be sound from air in front of the ball being ejected.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #383 (permalink)
502's Official Logger

Send a message via Skype™ to james

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Simon,

Mine was the same way... And someone speculated that an issue could be sound from air in front of the ball being ejected.
If it was air in front of the ball, would it maybe be possible to do a whisker-biscuit style trap (like what they use on archery bows) on the front of the barrel without a major drop in velocity?

Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesguy View Post
sell your body, prostitution is an easy way to supplement gun whoring.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #384 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Simon,

My suspicion is that this 'foreward air column' isn't a major contributor due to the fact that it's low pressure air only being compressed and pushed out by the ball behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
If it was air in front of the ball, would it maybe be possible to do a whisker-biscuit style trap (like what they use on archery bows) on the front of the barrel without a major drop in velocity?
Certainly possible but, it will probably negatively impact accuracy due to our inability to put 100% even pressure/friction on all sides as the ball passes through.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #385 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Of course it's not a major contributor... Until you knock down all the major contributors. I illustrated a situation where a longer barrel was louder with my silencer design. I didn't make a speculation as to why, but the air column idea presented was logical. Longer barrel? More undampened air.

Being "low pressure" means nothing. The air is the same pressure as is on the ball, minus a few process inefficiencies.

We have numerous examples in the past of devices that applied friction to the ball in a consistent manner and didn't hurt accuracy.

But my money is on a shutter mechanism at the end of a barrel. I've got two ideas in mind on that note... An electrically timed camera shutter at the end of the barrel. And a JT-slampod-esque design that would be triggered by the ball passing through it.

Last edited by alpha434; 03-26-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #386 (permalink)
502's Official Logger

Send a message via Skype™ to james

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Of course it's not a major contributor... Until you knock down all the major contributors. I illustrated a situation where a longer barrel was louder with my silencer design. I didn't make a speculation as to why, but the air column idea presented was logical. Longer barrel? More undampened air.

Being "low pressure" means nothing. The air is the same pressure as is on the ball, minus a few process inefficiencies.

We have numerous examples in the past of devices that applied friction to the ball in a consistent manner and didn't hurt accuracy.

But my money is on a shutter mechanism at the end of a barrel. I've got two ideas in mind on that note... An electrically timed camera shutter at the end of the barrel. And a JT-slampod-esque design that would be triggered by the ball passing through it.
The camera shutter is a good idea but what if your velocity isn't the same from ball to ball? That would be a mess. You would probably have to add a micro-chronograph under the barrel and have the shutter speed be based off of the speed of the ball. This can get even more expensive quick.

Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesguy View Post
sell your body, prostitution is an easy way to supplement gun whoring.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #387 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Naw. You just time it to the lowest common denominator.

EDIT: How expensive? Like HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS expensive?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #388 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Pardon this interruption...

Simon, I need to speak with you on a topic that is TM15 related, but you have disallowed PMs. Please PM me with some way, of your choosing, to contact you.

Thanks and back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .675, .678 (on request), and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #389 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Simon, I explicitly forbid you from talking to Ty in private about anything paintball related.

Paul will back me on this. I know it. Ask him.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #390 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Too late... Got to talk with Simon all last TunaBall, without parental guidance... <evil grin>

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .675, .678 (on request), and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions