mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Just a blip on the radar

Superbolt project

Not exactly sure where to put this since switching a Super bolt to a pump isn't really a custom custom project but here goes. This is my first "Autococker" so I don't know much about it. I have a few questions I can't seem to figure out and if you guys could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

1. Superbolt barrel threads are AC, right? Also, I stupidly dropped the body on some tile flooring and it's dented and my AC barrel won't thread on now. Any suggestions to fix this?

2. I sent it to jcurt today to get it halfblocked. When I get it back, do I need a half block lower tube assembly? Or will the original assembly work?

3. Do I have to have an AC valve tool to remove the valve?

4. I would like to get a new feedneck. Does the feedneck come apart and then a clamping style will screw right on? (Mines stuck together at the moment, but I'll get it apart.) If it does come apart, what style - aka timmy, angel, spyder, whatever - do I need to look for?

Um, I believe that's all I need right now. I'm not a stranger to pumps as I have a Phantom and built a Spyder pump, but I am new to snipers. So far, I've stripped the body of the powder coat (mostly), have a WGP slider frame and ii pump conversion kit coming and like I said, it's been sent to jcurt today for the halfback, bolt, sled and pin thing. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance, guys! I appreciate the information!
MCB feedback, SOC feedback - 26/0/0, PBnation feedback - 8/0/0, ebay feedback - 14/0/0
vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
ur my sister

autococker barrel - yes
threaded feedneck - yes wgp i believe
slotted hammer for use with halfblock kit - gonna need that done if you sent him the hammer he does this for you.
autococker valve tool - yes. nice to have one anyways as you will acquire more cockers.

MY FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

CCM Works Sniper, Thumper, Kingman Hammer Low Pressure with Vertical ASA, TPX, Ion mech/closed bolt
joedirt199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think this is a good enough place for such a thing...

Anything Superbolt Picture Thread

The stock neck you can take apart. You should be able to get a cocker thread on neck to go on there. There have been some hedloc / cocker necks on ebay lately (and always ccm).

Post a pic of your thread dent. Maybe someone can offer the best solution. jcurt may have a tap he can run through it if it's not too big.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

here is some info on the feed necks

feedneck question???

got this superbolt project from black rain...all finished and shooting great!

need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Just a blip on the radar

Thanks everyone! I'm looking for a WGP feedneck now - does it matter if it's pre 99? I read the other thread need4reeds linked and I have a Spyder Trinity feedneck laying around somewhere. Maybe I can get rid of the tabs and see what happens. It's pretty low rise, so that'd be great!

Is there another way to get the valve out without a specific tool?

I also have a PM to jcurt about the barrel threads - I'll try to get a a picture later on. I didn't realize this but jcurt told me the hammer is part of the deal.

Wow, this thing is starting to shape up. I may send it off to get anno'd so it'd look as awesome as it's going to be...
MCB feedback, SOC feedback - 26/0/0, PBnation feedback - 8/0/0, ebay feedback - 14/0/0
vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Search for "cocker tool" in the Ask the Experts section. It wasn't long ago we had a discussion about different sources and methods on cocker tools. Here...

Autococker Valve Tool?

There should be lots of other threads as well. If you have other tools, you can often get by, but buying a real tool solves the problem easily.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Possible Gun Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm looking for a WGP feedneck now - does it matter if it's pre 99? I read the other thread need4reeds linked and I have a Spyder Trinity feedneck laying around somewhere. Maybe I can get rid of the tabs and see what happens. It's pretty low rise, so that'd be great!

I also have a PM to jcurt about the barrel threads - I'll try to get a a picture later on. I didn't realize this but jcurt told me the hammer is part of the deal.

Wow, this thing is starting to shape up. I may send it off to get anno'd so it'd look as awesome as it's going to be...

as long as the bolt can pass thru with the feed neck, you get rid of the tabs on your trinity will work! the feed neck in that link had to be filed down, tested, filed down, tested...but it took about 20 minutes and it fit great...bolt action is nice and smooth! Again i gotta thank blackrain, he hooked my up with a smokin deal, and the major work was already done!!!
need4reebs is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions