-   Custom Projects / Custom Questions (
-   -   Pile of Poo 2 Build (

Echo 07-29-2012 03:27 PM

Pile of Poo 2 Build
I'll be posting up pictures and progress I make for the Pile of Poo Build Off here. I started with a beat up old Tippmann Pro-Lite rental gun. Originally, I bought it from rick here on MCB so that I could steal the foregrip and put it on my Factory F/A. But it's perfect for the build off, so I'll make it as awesome as $100 permits.

This post is my official entry, but the rest of the thread will serve to document the build process for those interested in seeing the work.

To start, here are some pics from Rick's sale thread. The one shown is not necessarily mine, but all of them were in more or less similar condition.

Here's a picture I took after clean up compared to a Pro-Carbine. The Pro-Carb is a pretty good representation of what the Pro-Lite used to look like.

Internal Modifications

In grip Palmers Stabilizer;

Delrin front bolt, stainless steel power tube, weighted hammer(to get the thing to cycle) & an extra o-ring groove on the valve;

First Strike Capable;

Total Cost

I'll keep a running total by editing this section, so everyone knows at a glance how much went into this.

Pro-Lite (I'm pretty sure this doesn't count toward the $100 total, but just in case.); $36
O-ring kit; $8
6" of delrin square stock, $40 for 4'; $5
Uncle Mikes sling swivel, only one from a pack of two; $8
1/8" Pipe Plug $1.80
Full stick of JB Weld epoxy putty $8
New Drive Spring $3
New Valve Snap Ring $1
Macro Fitting $5
About 2oz (half a bottle) of Duracoat $9.50
Annodizing; $60/18 parts batch anno*2 parts used (nameplate & stock adapter) = $7.00

Total Excluding original Poo; $56.30

Any other parts or raw materials that I did not purchase myself were not included in the cost. I've got access to a scrap rack at work and materials dont cost me anything. Spare parts are hand-me-downs that came off other guns I've upgraded, so those were kinda free too.

bracemeister 07-29-2012 04:35 PM

i have one in a similar condition. Will keep my eyes on this for inspiration.

Echo 08-01-2012 11:14 PM

Little bit of progress;

And the direction I'm taking it;

dac wolf 08-06-2012 12:33 AM

That looks so sick!

Echo 08-08-2012 01:23 AM

Thanks! More progress;

Edit; slowly making progress

Need to fix this . . .

LibertyRadeon 08-14-2012 10:40 AM

This is gonna be awesome.

midnite-penguin 08-14-2012 10:51 AM

The Pro-lite was my first "real" paintball gun. I remember my father got it for me as a Christmas present when I was in middle school. Up until then it was the stingray II.

That marker will always hold a special place in my heart, I loved the iron-sights, solid feel, ping noise it made when it fired, and the kick. Ah, memories - good luck with the project.

Echo 08-15-2012 11:46 PM

Dont worry, I'm doing my best to keep it rugged and woodsy, true to its original design. Just way cooler is all.

Bit of an oops trying to get a hopper off. Ill need to fix that.

Stock is coming along better. Just a bit more taken off here and its good.

And I broke my highly sophisticated honing device trying to polish the insides :rolleyes:

Echo 08-17-2012 01:16 AM

Shaping of the stock is pretty much done. Enough clearance for my hand and an 8 cubic inch tank.

Everything is coming together nicely;

A gun in a vice on a block in a vice on a mill in a shop . . . wrapped in bacon :rolleyes:

Can you guess why?

Here's a hint;

Dr. VonDeafingson 08-19-2012 08:43 AM

Oh this should be awesome