mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 08-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Potential project: First strike matrix

With all the good things I've been hearing about FS rounds I've gotten the urge to try them. I've done a couple mods on my matrix that turned out well so I was thinking the next thing would be to make a breech that takes first strikes. I have a couple ideas for feeding them but I'm not quite ready to hack up a breech just yet.

My biggest concern at the moment is getting the rounds to feed without jamming. I read that Tiberius guns have a tapered bolt for using FS rounds. A standard matrix bolt is not tapered and has an o-ring on the tip to seal the breech when it fires. If I can get a reliable feed system working, are the FS rounds just going to catch on the bolt?

Your thoughts please.
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

It's possible you'll get them catching on the bolt but the bigger problem seems to come from feeding them at any angle other than upwards in the vertical plane. Everyone I've seen try to feed them from the top or sides via a mag has had the rounds tip on the way into the breech because they're front heavy and just tend to fall that way.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions