mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I would love to own something like this just looks insanely fun to play with . We should do a best PoP vote and I'd cast my vote for either this or PBG3's P68 not sure which it's a very close choice either way

Feedback +36/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
I would love to own something like this just looks insanely fun to play with . We should do a best PoP vote and I'd cast my vote for either this or PBG3's P68 not sure which it's a very close choice either way
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
that looks really nice!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

WHEN ARE WE GOING?

REAL SOON!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine View Post
WOW! How much might you ask for making one of these for someone? What if I supplied you with the parts?

Would this be possible using a pre-99 r/f body? That would be fricken ideal, give it's huge and I love blocky 12g pumps
Sorry I missed this one on page turn-over. I wouldn't mind making another one. I was thinking that going with different models could make some things simpler, like using the banjo threads for the adapter. Having the prostock reg already threaded on both ends with a rather plain outside body really helps though. It makes cutting the adapters pretty easy. I was wondering if I could adapt the old ugly WGP reg somehow, but I haven't had one to study.

The pump handle I bored just right and I sometimes wonder how far did I push my luck on it. Another good point of Trilogy conversion is that the pro version is setup to run around 300 psi anyway (body volume and valve), but that's not a must. The ram mount on the Trilogy works to advantage as well. The delrin bushing in there anchors the rod and makes a great pump stroke. You could use brass or aluminum in there also. With a little length added to the body adapter, you could build the rod guide into it. Either adapter would also be a good area to add some length if you want it. Mine is pretty close (intentionally) but I know some people like a longer reach to the pump handle.

I would stick with the CCI changer, it works well. I only used it a few times before this and never before in a big game; I was surprised how easy it became to use. That, and the pump handle actually works as a guide when inserting the bucket.

I think most of our airsmiths could do this conversion, especially on a trilogy. The body threads weren't too bad, but it did show me that I need a t-handle for my larger taps.

Some other features you get, compared to a stock P68, are the bore drop detent and you can cock it without stroking the bolt. The cocking thing I never thought much of on my snipers, but with the shorter ammo I like to shoot a dry shot and make sure my barrel is clear before heading for the front and after fiddling around. The adjustable trigger / sear catch business is good too.

Last edited by Spider!; 11-02-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
GMO Population control

Nice work here Spider. I'm just now getting around to looking through the builds and I must say the bar is very high. when I heard of the contest, I pictured a bunch of junk hacked up, but I have to apologize, You have turned the poo into a rose, something very useable and enjoyable.
Emotional pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions