mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Custom Projects / Custom Questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/)
-   -   PE Etha manifold/etha (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/215534-pe-etha-manifold-etha.html)

Skibbo 10-08-2012 08:16 PM

PE Etha manifold/etha
 
FROM JACK WOOD:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Wood (Post 2501099)
Hi,
Yes the #10 seals off the inlet to the front section of the poppet that controls filling of the firing chamber and also supplies the IN feed to the solenoid.
The #7 seals the air OUT of the solenoid to the rear of the poppet that controls the position of the poppet. It it a normally closed solenoid.
Holes in the manifold:
Top - IN
Middle - OUT
Bottom - Exhaust
Jack


__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
I've looked and looked to see if I can find any information on this.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how air flows through the manifold/solenoid from the regulator, then back through the manifold to the bolt so that the marker can fire.

specifically:

The three holes shown on the front face here (I know the larger 2 are screw holes)
I figure one is IN, one is OUT, one is possibly exhaust?
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...hamanifold.jpg

Also, is the #010 o-ring the both the input from the reg (assuming) and output the front portion of the bolt, while the #007 o-ring the input to the rear of the bolt that controls when the marker fires?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

y0da900 10-08-2012 08:24 PM

I haven't handled one yet, but I am assuming that the three small ports are a direct from regulator to the oblong o-ring on the top - this feeds the supply to the dump chamber. The other two are a feed to the solenoid - also from the reg, and the solenoid connection to the rear port which cycles the firing piston.

EDIT -

Page 19 in the manual has sort of a flow diagram. Reg goes to the front port on the top (oblong) which feeds both the firing chamber and the solenoid. One of the three on the front is for that connection, and another for the firing piston. Not sure what the third is for.

Skibbo 10-08-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y0da900 (Post 2498351)
I haven't handled one yet, but I am assuming that the three small ports are a direct from regulator to the oblong o-ring on the top - this feeds the supply to the dump chamber. The other two are a feed to the solenoid - also from the reg, and the solenoid connection to the rear port which cycles the firing piston.

EDIT -

Page 19 in the manual has sort of a flow diagram. Reg goes to the front port on the top (oblong) which feeds both the firing chamber and the solenoid. One of the three on the front is for that connection, and another for the firing piston. Not sure what the third is for.

Right. the #010 (oblong) is the input from the reg to the front part of the bolt, while the #007 (normal o-ring) feeds the rear portion of the bolt.
I'm trying to figure out which small hole is for what one, I'm assuming the 3rd is for an exhaust/some sort of vent.

Hard to do this since I don't have an etha

this is the reason why I want to figure this out;
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...oldandSMAV.jpg

that's assuming middle one is exhaust, but this is why I want to know.

newmaticarsenal 10-10-2012 12:13 PM

I don't own one. However, since the 3 holes are all in a line and this appears to be machined, not cast; the following stands to reason.
The top hole should run to the oblong #010 hole.
The Second hole down should run to the #007 hole.
The bottom hole should be a vent/ exhaust.
Otherwise the passages would cut into each other when drilled.

Skibbo 10-10-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmaticarsenal (Post 2500046)
I don't own one. However, since the 3 holes are all in a line and this appears to be machined, not cast; the following stands to reason.
The top hole should run to the oblong #010 hole.
The Second hole down should run to the #007 hole.
The bottom hole should be a vent/ exhaust.
Otherwise the passages would cut into each other when drilled.

That's what I was thinking. The only thing is that it's triangle shaped, which makes me believe the 2nd hole is to the #010 (w/an offset hole under the brass filter) and the 1st hole is to the #007 O-ring.

the manifolds are pretty cheap, might just pick one up to see what goes where.

Related, anyone know of a 3 way that can handle ~300 psi?
The SMAV only does 100, but etha's operate at 200-300 psi so that's a problem.
cocker 3-way could work, but would need a 2 way to activate it, where as the SMAV has that built in.

newmaticarsenal 10-11-2012 03:28 AM

The SMAV can handle 200-300 PSI. I have one in a Ion running at thet pressure. It is a great valve with a short crisp action.

You could also use a AC 3 way. I would recomend using a palmer quick switch. You can modify it into a push button 3 way. Take linkage adapter that connects the 3 way to the threaded L trigger rod and cut it in half. You will only need the part that goes on the 3 way. Use that to hold a ball point pen spring arround the rod. This will make the 3 way spring loaded forward.

If i had to bet on how that manifold is ported it would be like this.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...dandSMAV20.jpg

Skibbo 10-11-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmaticarsenal (Post 2501030)
The SMAV can handle 200-300 PSI. I have one in a Ion running at thet pressure. It is a great valve with a short crisp action.

You could also use a AC 3 way. I would recomend using a palmer quick switch. You can modify it into a push button 3 way. Take linkage adapter that connects the 3 way to the threaded L trigger rod and cut it in half. You will only need the part that goes on the 3 way. Use that to hold a ball point pen spring arround the rod. This will make the 3 way spring loaded forward.

If i had to bet on how that manifold is ported it would be like this.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...dandSMAV20.jpg

Awesome. I was under the impression the max psi the SMAV could handle was 100, but there's probably a margin of safety of 4-5 in there too.
I should have my hands on an etha soon, not sure where my SMAV is, may have to buy another one.

Skibbo 10-11-2012 11:54 AM

Updated 1st post w/info for posterity

diesel_fireman2001 10-11-2012 04:23 PM

I don't know why it never occured to me to make the etha mechanical. Now I'm going to have to get one to play with.

I really need to stop coming to the "custom projects" section, it cost me too much money.

Skibbo 10-11-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_fireman2001 (Post 2501448)
I don't know why it never occured to me to make the etha mechanical. Now I'm going to have to get one to play with.

I really need to stop coming to the "custom projects" section, it cost me too much money.

Haha yeah. I have that problem as well. I usually just think of a ton of stuff and then not do most of em because of cash.

this one should be pretty simple though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC