mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Custom Projects / Custom Questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/)
-   -   98 custom pump (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/215603-98-custom-pump.html)

super_stanchy 10-09-2012 10:53 AM

98 custom pump

So I started this project a year ago

Never built a restrictor plate, finally did
It is a net fit in the OD, its got a .104" dia hole in the middle for a .101" pin

It's pump, it will not recock, but it farts/burps like its outta air

I have 3k in my 800psi output tank.... So its not low air

Where should I start looking?

rcjunky 10-10-2012 07:45 AM

did you take the o ring off the rear hammer? sounds like your still getting some blow back so taking off the o ring should help if you haven't already done so

jerryjjackson69 10-10-2012 07:56 AM

If you've already removed the hammer o-ring or if it isn't enough, then try slotting the hammer or body if necessary.

super_stanchy 10-10-2012 09:07 AM

oring off the hammer, done
restrictor plate for the valve, done

where would i slot the hammer?

jerryjjackson69 10-10-2012 10:24 AM

anywhere on the side of the hammer, starting at the striking face and running some length of the side.

rcjunky 10-10-2012 02:16 PM

Slotting the hammer would be to divert more blow back around the hammer instead of trying to re cock it, I'm sure you can figur out where to slot it, but even drilling the face would work (as long as its not the center)

russc 10-10-2012 02:34 PM

If you're up to it, you could open the valve and try different valve springs. A softer valve spring with a lightened hammer might do it. Replacing the snap ring with a c-clip would help with tuning, too.

super_stanchy 10-10-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russc (Post 2500258)
If you're up to it, you could open the valve and try different valve springs. A softer valve spring with a lightened hammer might do it. Replacing the snap ring with a c-clip would help with tuning, too.

that was the other thing...

i replaced their snap ring with a c clip, but the c clip is fatter (where the holes are) and i wonder if its making the valve not seat all the way....

aresfiend 10-10-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcjunky (Post 2500234)
Slotting the hammer would be to divert more blow back around the hammer instead of trying to re cock it, I'm sure you can figur out where to slot it, but even drilling the face would work (as long as its not the center)

That is NOT the point of slotting the hammer.

You slot the hammer so that the bolt can recock with the hammer but the hammer can stay cocked when the bolt gets held in a closed position.

Vike's Complete Guide to Building a Spimmy | Everything you wanted to know about building a Spyder/Intimidator hybrid paintball marker

Basically the same deal for slotting the hammer, just make sure you attach the pump arm/s to the bolt and not the hammer.

super_stanchy 10-10-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aresfiend (Post 2500575)
That is NOT the point of slotting the hammer.

You slot the hammer so that the bolt can recock with the hammer but the hammer can stay cocked when the bolt gets held in a closed position.

Vike's Complete Guide to Building a Spimmy | Everything you wanted to know about building a Spyder/Intimidator hybrid paintball marker

Basically the same deal for slotting the hammer, just make sure you attach the pump arm/s to the bolt and not the hammer.

so i think i went at it differently

i slotted the bolt, and left the hammer intact
(i made a new bolt from scratch too (aluminum for now, Stainless when its perfected)

Here is how i did it...
Slot the bolt to disconnect the linkage
Restrictor plate (.103" dia hole)
Removed the hammer oring
milled the body for a slot next to the bolt
attached a screw (for now) as the pump arm in the bolt