mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

aga 62 conversion

I was hoping talk to some of the good people here who a working knowledge of the aga 62 and 3357. I have recently aquired a non functional aga. Too many parts damaged to make an effective repair so i just grafted a new crosman 357 onto it. Works quite well now with the exception of the number of useable shots, i get about 10 shots at a good velocity followed by another 30 or so shots at an absolutely useless velocity. Nature of the beast? I don't know.now down to the meat of my post. Having dissassembled and done some minor mods internally already i got to looking at the barrel assembly and thought to myself that i could machine a new barrel and run first strike in this gun. I know there are velocity issues due to valve flow, but as ive always had to turn my guns down at the field when im running fs rounds i was wondering if they could work? Anybody tried? Can anyone forsee any immediate problems? The elevator system in this gun looks like it would be perfect for fs. Any thoughts on this in general?
Biggsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red Headed Step Child

Not enough metal in the elevator block to bore it out to .68 size, same problem with the feed tube. Also, because of the added "flutes", FS rounds are even longer, front to back, than a standard .68 round, so the elevator block would have to be even deeper.

Converting to .68 size has been thought of on here many times. We have come to the realization that there is just not enough metal in there to do it, without significant reworking of certain parts, which would esssenially require remaking most of the marker's front end.

eBay 756+/0- Feedback
PBNation 164+/0- Feedback
M. Carter Brown 92+/0- Feedback
OVER 1000 ALL POSITIVE TRANSACTION FEEDBACK!

Last edited by acrewofone; 10-29-2012 at 07:24 PM.
acrewofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah ive thought of that too, im looking machining a new front block,elevator and the other associated pieces using the same design. The shop im working with doesn't seem to think it will be a problem. I just don't know if the valve will handle fs. Besides i didn't like to idea of modifing an original front block
Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok so despite everyones advice i went ahead and bored it out. Made a feed spring sytem and it is loading and firing just fine. Velocity is the issue at hand now. It is shooting around 200. Anyone have any suggestions? Weaker spring, carving the air chamber out a bit? Anyone done work with these?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Really what you need is to find a way to modify the valve for increased volume and higher flow. It's only meant for shooting tiny pellets, not full size .68 cal paintballs.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

I modified my Crosman 3357's to siphon liquid CO2. They shoot real fast, just around 280 with .62 caliber paint. If you're getting 200 right now with .68, a siphon mod like that could get you up to maybe 260? I doubt you will have much luck just fiddling with springing.

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions