mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

View Poll Results: Is this project worth the time, do you like or dislike the idea?
Like 12 85.71%
Dislike 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vl revolution modification

Hey guys I have a bunch of old Revy's hanging around and I've decided to make use out of them.

I now almost exclusively play pump but I have yet to find a gravity feed hopper that actually works like I would like it to so, I took things into my own hands and created this a 100 round Revy.

It's basically a 100 round revy. As you can see the profile if quite a bit shorter then the original shell.

You can see the attachment seam easily with the green shell and may question the integrity but I have fired multiple shots at close range (with reballs) and no crack or damage occurred though those damn rubber balls sure like to take off at dangerous angles when doing this.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll probably make a few more as I have a bunch of revy's kicking around

*update*
Tried to lower the profile and make an even smaller one.

You can see the original hopper, modified green, and modified black.

The black one has the angle change in the front and back but, due to the paddles inside I was hesitant on lowering the top any further, and I think it looks pretty good as is and I believe it's close to a 50 round hopper now. It was a pain in the butt to make compared with the modified green and I had to melt down large piece of plastic to fill in gaps as well as using the heat gun to mold the shape. As can be seen despite my efforts there isn't a huge change in the vertical profile.
phizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Very Cool ........ because I hate electric hoppers.
The revy WAS the lightest electric hopper I own (althought it's much lighter now since the switch doesn't work)....... this is even lighter (less weight in paintballs).

Sometimes I use a gravity feed with 3rnd bursts: Works if you set the response trigger to a slow full auto.

I weighed the gravity feed vs a revy (1/2 the weight).

The revy was about 1/2 the weight of other electric hoppers I own.

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

I love the revy. I've owned numerous electronic hoppers (empire, halo frontman, halo, rotor, velocity, and a pulse) and the Revy's have given me the least trouble of all of them. It's never broken a ball, never jammed, and takes a beating. Sure it doesn't feed 30bps but how often are you legally able to shoot that? This hopper is going to be used for my pump game.
phizz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions