mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Not poo, but restoring some AGD pride...

Shortly ago, i got a really nice AGD lot of stuff offered to me, and the price was right.

Among some other gear were these two markers:

An RT.

And a minimag.

The good thing was that the minimag was in good order, but the RT had its grip frame nut broken off the body. It had to be hard soldered back on, and i was not sure it could be repaired. But the price was right, so i took a gamble...

Then i took the body to my work, seeing if we have some silver solder and flux... You would guess that a machine factory has something like this in stock... Well, not really... Fortunatly one of my co-workers has this stuff at home, so he brought the goods, and i could repair the body!

This was the third attempt... First two were with acytilene and oxygen, and that flame is just way too hot for this kind of soldering... Another co-worker had a propane torch, and after cleaning off the parts this was dead on perfect!

After some assembly, and oil, the old RT sprung back into life. Not sure yet what i will do next, the RT is not the reason why i bought this lot, it's the minimag.

And that..

Has been freshly anodised.

Some parts turned out a bit grey instead of black, but the overall result is not bad at all.

Not bad for some home-brew anodising.

Hopefully i'll take this bad boy out this sunday and run some paint trough it.

The RT? Well, maybe i'll restore that one and sell it off... Or anodise it first and sell it off... Not sure yet.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Looks great! I love that green/black coloring.

And that RT body: It's a Euro powerfeed, and is kinda rare. From TK himself:
(http://www.automags.org/forums/archi.../t-210444.html)
Quote:
There were only a few hundred and we took most of them back and traded them for standard power feeds. I would say they are very rare in circulation. I just scrapped more than 50 of them that we had sitting around.

Bound to be a rare collectible in the future.

AGD
Edit: just noticed who the OP is. You probably are aware of the high-rise powerfeed body, so I guess my details are more for the benefit of AGD newcomers. lol

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.

Last edited by Zoo; 11-16-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
They are not that rare over here in europe... Atleast it seems... I have owned one before and know who ownes it right now... The best thing is, i have the original box and it reads: Automag RT Premium - Hirise - Hopper left

I'm assuming the intelliframe came standard on the premium models? The modification on the gripframe for the banjo bolt was definatly proffesionally done.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXeL View Post
Some parts turned out a bit grey instead of black, but the overall result is not bad at all.

If you had not mentioned it, no one would know you were trying for black.

It is hard to fully eliminate the "splash" colors. I think you have to have something you know will take out a particular kind or color of dye, and the timing varies with the ano pore size. Some of my dyes come out with acid, some don't. Some just burn light brown.

Looks great though!

Glad you could save the euro feed body.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I use caswell dye, and it comes out good with bleach and a acid dip. I think the problem with the parts is that they did not anodise that well, or it's a different alloy. Untill now, all the parts i have anodised black also turned out black.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I've made some better pictures of the minimag:

The anno is not perfect, but i can live perfectly with the result sofar. Used it last week, it had some hickups during play, but that seemed easily remedied by applying some autolube... shoots like a charm now.

The RT.... Well i sold it yesterday... With all the parts in the lot i bought, regs, tanks, barrels, markers, etc. and selling most of it, i end up having this minimag for free, some profit, and lots of spare parts.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
nice anno Fixel may you could do my ego 09????
Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
That came out beautiful. Nice job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions