mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
The pistons are pumping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholemealDrop View Post
Alright time for an update. Got a GTA ram (spring assisted return), Psycho Ballistics board, solenoid, and battery harness, Rufus Dawg vertical feed, and Tippmann ProShop ASA/LPR combo. I have a slot cover but I'm not sure about it. felt like the hammer rubs on it so I might replace it with a plate. I think I'm going to start bone stock with this project to get a feel for it. If I'm unhappy with something I'll either fix it or just replace it. I have Naturalnoobs dimensions for a custom 2-wayed ram so I can make a custom one paired with a Timmy board, solenoid, and eyes. Still willing to take any direction and help from anyone who knows anything. Also still on the look out for ebolt parts as I don't know if mine even work yet.
You're right about the slot cover, the stock ebolt hammer catches the metal bits slightly as it goes by.
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
MilSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfSines View Post
You're right about the slot cover, the stock ebolt hammer catches the metal bits slightly as it goes by.
Ya might just make a little plate to cover it. How did you mount a different trigger on your model 98?
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
The pistons are pumping!

Quote:
Ya might just make a little plate to cover it. How did you mount a different trigger on your model 98?
Had to machine down the area by the frame screw and the safety switch:

Depending on what trigger guard you use, the grip may also need some tweaking. There is a bolt-on trigger guard for the Model 98 out there, but I think it looks rather poor.

Here is how I had the switch mounted:

Last edited by RuleOfSines; 02-22-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
MilSim

Quote:
Had to machine down the area by the frame screw and the safety switch:

https://7itrew.dm1.livefilestore.com...hot.jpg?psid=1

https://7is82q.dm1.livefilestore.com...hot.jpg?psid=1

Depending on what trigger guard you use, the grip may also need some tweaking. There is a bolt-on trigger guard for the Model 98 out there, but I think it looks rather poor.
ya its a big strip that bolts on at the ASA screws. hmm could run no trigger guard and use the macro line as my guard.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
The pistons are pumping!

Quote:
ya its a big strip that bolts on at the ASA screws. hmm could run no trigger guard and use the macro line as my guard.
I have seen one other version, I forget who makes it, that bolts onto the center frame screw and comes down. I believe the overall shape is similar to a typical trigger guard but it doesn't connect to the grip in any way.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #26 (permalink)
MilSim

Quote:
I have seen one other version, I forget who makes it, that bolts onto the center frame screw and comes down. I believe the overall shape is similar to a typical trigger guard but it doesn't connect to the grip in any way.
hmm well maybe i'll see if my machinist friend could mill out space for a newer trigger guard.

Side note: does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Psycho Ballistics board? need to solder the battery harness and solenoid on to it.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions