mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Custom Projects / Custom Questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/)
-   -   Model 98 ebolt how-to? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/custom-projects-custom-questions/219650-model-98-ebolt-how.html)

WholemealDrop 11-27-2012 07:34 AM

Model 98 ebolt how-to?
 
Does anyone know of a build log that someone made a Model 98 ebolt setup? Looking to do one and can't seem to find any direction on where to go after buying a model 98 and the ebolt kit. any help would be great.

Jaccen 11-27-2012 08:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur7nvZ4TH4s

I never done it so I'm taking what the guy says in the vid as applicable. Hope that helps.

infamoussmiley 11-27-2012 12:24 PM

If you are talking about the "Ebolt", try these videos -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mphS...4&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5nu...feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfR...feature=relmfu

Smiley

WholemealDrop 12-01-2012 01:29 AM

thanks for the videos guys. anyone have a build log or video of someone who did milling and added eyes?

RuleOfSines 12-02-2012 10:08 PM

I made one from a Model 98, but then pulled it all apart and its in pieces everywhere now:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...012_224827.jpg

Tippmann Model 98 Predator E-Bolt - YouTube

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...029_183202.jpg

Are you using an actual Model 98, or a 98 Custom? If using a Model 98 you have to do some milling in the handle to get the stock board to fit in there. Same if you want to use a replacement trigger with removable guard like I installed. I have quite a few, and can take more, pictures if there is anything that would help you with your project.

weekendballer 12-02-2012 11:30 PM

there was one a few years ago on model98.org I belive the guys screen name was naturalnoob. he mafe a custom two way ram and used a dm5 board to run it i think.

found the gun here
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3660053

WholemealDrop 12-03-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuleOfSines (Post 2550927)
I made one from a Model 98, but then pulled it all apart and its in pieces everywhere now:

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...012_224827.jpg

Tippmann Model 98 Predator E-Bolt - YouTube

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...029_183202.jpg

Are you using an actual Model 98, or a 98 Custom? If using a Model 98 you have to do some milling in the handle to get the stock board to fit in there. Same if you want to use a replacement trigger with removable guard like I installed. I have quite a few, and can take more, pictures if there is anything that would help you with your project.

using one just like yours. model 98 with gills. if you want to just send all the photos you have of it that would be great. willing to sell anything from your 98 ebolt?

uv_halo 12-03-2012 03:32 PM

Just for some clarity:

There were two Tippmann branded E-bolt kits, one for the Model 98, and another for the 98Custom.

There were two PsychoBallistics branded E-Bolt kits, one for the Model 98, and another for the 98Custom.

There were at least two pure custom setups that used a hodgepodge of parts for having the pneumatics only blow the hammer forward (and a spring returning it) or, pushing the hammer forwards and rearwards.

The kits for the 98Custom were essentially plug and play- knock out a pre-scored panel in the grip, and the board used all of the existing trigger and sear pins to stay in place.

To install the Model 98 board into a Model 98, you did have to modify the receiver half to make room for the components and provide yourself access to the dip switches.

It may be helpful for you to identify just what kit you're trying to fit in your Model 98.

WholemealDrop 12-03-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uv_halo (Post 2551534)
Just for some clarity:

There were two Tippmann branded E-bolt kits, one for the Model 98, and another for the 98Custom.

There were two PsychoBallistics branded E-Bolt kits, one for the Model 98, and another for the 98Custom.

There were at least two pure custom setups that used a hodgepodge of parts for having the pneumatics only blow the hammer forward (and a spring returning it) or, pushing the hammer forwards and rearwards.

The kits for the 98Custom were essentially plug and play- knock out a pre-scored panel in the grip, and the board used all of the existing trigger and sear pins to stay in place.

To install the Model 98 board into a Model 98, you did have to modify the receiver half to make room for the components and provide yourself access to the dip switches.

It may be helpful for you to identify just what kit you're trying to fit in your Model 98.

pretty much any kit that I can get my hands on. I'd like to use the Tippmann Pro Shop ASA/LPR combo if that helps. also modifying the clamshells to made the kit fit doesn't bother me any

RuleOfSines 12-03-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WholemealDrop (Post 2551829)
pretty much any kit that I can get my hands on. I'd like to use the Tippmann Pro Shop ASA/LPR combo if that helps. also modifying the clamshells to made the kit fit doesn't bother me any

If you plan on making changes, all you really need is the Ram, unless you are willing to build your own. I'll get some pictures for you tomorrow to show what modifications are needed to the shells in order to just drop a kit straight in. If you have plans for eyes however the board has to be replaced anyway, and you may tire of the Tippmann LPR ASA, it isn't very good.

I'd probably be willing to part with the LPR if you really want to try it, I have no intentions of re-installing it on my marker at this point. It works, however it had to be re-adjusted constantly. It seemed to allow for pressure spikes which would vent out the noid.

Eyes are definitely a neat upgrade, but to do them neatly requires further machining inside the shells. I got to the point of drilling the hole for them and testing before I stripped the whole thing back down.
http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a...psba84be4c.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC