mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
engineer minded

Mech Dangerous Power G series

i don't know why we haven't seen this yet but the GOG eNMey got me to thinking. why doesn't DP come out with something similar. They have a far superior dump valve system.

Next could i make one myself. Machine a manifold with 10/32 tapped inlets to mount were the solenoid mounts. corresponding holes to suit function. then pipe a three way to perform the dump. which would be better to use a G3 or G4?
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Some people are penny wise, and dollar foolish.
Vitalsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Neither, as the G3/4 do not have any provision for an on/off in the firing cycle. If you wish to experiment with it, there was a set of plans for non electronic adjustable dwell assembly, but for the life of me, I can not locate via the search function.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
engineer minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
Neither, as the G3/4 do not have any provision for an on/off in the firing cycle. If you wish to experiment with it, there was a set of plans for non electronic adjustable dwell assembly, but for the life of me, I can not locate via the search function.

Ty
i would have to disagree. "Neither, as the G3/4 do not have any provision for an on/off in the firing cycle" this statement is inherently improper because the noid does the on/off so you surely can replace that with a mech 3-way. if the GOG eNMey can do it then DP definitely can because it's the same dump valve system. like i said though you would have to machine a manifold to bolt onto where the noid goes so that you can tap into the pluming.
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
engineer minded

within the year i will put a GOG eNMey mech system into a G-series marker.

next question are the G3 and G4 the same noid if not are they mounted differently?

I've owned a G4 so it's familiar to me what is the G3 like as far as the pluming through the body? is it like the G4

would it be easier to bolt a plate on where the noid goes to shut those holes and axcess the two air ways for the dump chamber through the front of the marker where they drill the body. (this i'm speaking of a G4 cause that's all i know right now.)
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I believe that the "major difference" between the G3 and G4 is the orings in the G3 are on the bolt, and the G4 they are in the body.

As to plumbing differences, I do not remember any from having both apart.

The previous statement is in reference to the fact that is the bolt is held forward for any reason, the marker will vent air down the barrel continuously. An Ion (with an HE bolt)/DM whatever/many other spoolies have a provision in the bolt design to shut off the incoming air when the bolt is forward.

I don't believe the firing chamber air goes through the solenoid, based on a long round of troubleshooting a G3 (Owner used the wrong orings and then lied to me :/ ) At one point I had the solenoid off the body, and tested the bolt venting theory quite by accident (I was looking for a leak in the solenoid)

If you can locate the Pulse Valve that I *think* y0da900 designed, that may allow you to do what you want. Unfortunately, my Google Fu is weak today and I can not seem to locate the thread.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
engineer minded

the ion is nothing like a dye spoolie. in fact an ion is not a true spool valve at all it and the g-series are dump valves. the y0da900 mech ion kit would continuously vent down the barrel through the bolt if you held the trigger.
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
engineer minded

and have anyone opened up a eNMey and see how they do that mech. function cause it looks like a custom 3-way design. does it vent down the barrel/bolt like the y0da900/clippard setup when you hold the trigger?
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Actually, the original Matrix patent is what got Samrt Parts in trouble with Dye. The two markers internals are nearly identical, in regard to the firing assemblies.

You are correct if you are speaking about an Ion stock bolt, but I did specify the HE bolt, which has the dual tail orings. This will keep gas from entering the dump chamber so long as the bolt is in the forward position.

A little more information...

mech g3

Ty

Added:

I have not had a chance to open an eNMEy, yet. I figured it to be a mech Ion, with a design similar to y0da900's. I believe there is a review around here that states something like that... But I may be wrong.

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
engineer minded

also wouldn't it be cool to tap into the air vains in the front and hook barbs and hose, make it look like a cocker baby.
IOG
Also on customcockers

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
If you did that, you could do some replumbing and have more controll over the closing speed of the bolt. Though I figure it's not really worth it, as the marker functions pretty well

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions