mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jam

Custom milling freeflow

So I bought an acid wash Freeflow Lotus the other day. I don't really like the body that much, but it was a good deal.

So my question is, who would you recommend to do some custom milling? I'm looking to half block, and get it Mini'd. If the price is right maybe shave some weight off of it.

I was thinking of getting it powdercoated matte black to match my A5, X7, and my G6R. (Kind of have a theme going) so suggestions on that would be great too.

Thanks

Jam
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Are you nuts? If it's original, the acid was a very well done and expensive ano. If you don't like the ano and milling, sell it and buy a stock body to molest. All you'd be doing otherwise is devaluing it. Hopefully it's drilled at least. Post up some pics though as I've been looking for a nice acid freeflow body for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah depending on what you're wanting done I bet you could sell that body if its not beat to hell and buy one already mini'd and hb'd for cheaper and come out ahead.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jam

It's drilled and ebladed. Factory anno.

What's the big deal about it though? Like why is it a big deal to get it recoated and milled? There's many more out there... And as for losing value I'm not concerned.

Am I missing something? I'm new to this whole autococker deal.

I was thinking I could do it myself (I helped my buddy with half blocking his orracle I think, was pretty easy with a dremel and the attachments) but I thought I should get an opinion on getting it professionally done. (Incase I was to mess it up..)
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Its just that its not like they're ever going to make any more of those bodies ever. There are also a metric butt load more stock bodies out there as well and still plenty BNIB WGP body kits on shelves all over.

If you are going to half block it though, just please don't use a dremel. Jcurt or Stanchy can do it for $40 or so. Think Jcurt was having a sale on the milling and backblock kit as well.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

it is your body to do with what you will but freeflow bodies are getting harder to find in nice shape and there are a lot of other less valuable such as a orracle prostock super stock standard 2k vert personally freeflow bodies are my favorite and it would hurt to see it milled
nacho8405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

There are NOT many more factory acid washed lotus's out there. You'd basically be taking a somewhat rare and sought after gun worth 250-350 and turning it into a chopped one with a cookie-cutter finish. Theres also the simple fact that you could just sell it and do exactly what you wanted with a $40 stock body. Being drilled does detract a bit but e-cockers are still fun and sell pretty well. May have even came like that.

In the end it's your gun so do what you want..... still... think of it this way.... pretend you just got a vintage corvette then went to a vintage car forum and start talking about chopping it up and making a pickup truck out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Paintball WGP Orracle Autococker Mini Body Polished Black to Clear | eBay

WGP Autococker Mid Block Black Magic Paintball Marker | eBay

2 examples of cheaper options of bodies that are not a rare (the black magic is mine)
nacho8405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

If it's an acid wash and it's for sure a factory acid wash, it may well be an American-made lotus, not the Chinese ones that Freeflow later outsourced. In which case there's some guys over on customcockers who would defintely be willing to pick it up from you or trade you for something to halfblock.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
If it's an acid wash and it's for sure a factory acid wash, it may well be an American-made lotus, not the Chinese ones that Freeflow later outsourced. In which case there's some guys over on customcockers who would defintely be willing to pick it up from you or trade you for something to halfblock.
AND make it worth your while.

Hell, if I had the cash, I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions