mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Too bad the v3 version of the Relay says not to use with CO2,would make a neat pistol with a 12g quick changer and pistol springfeed
i saw that.... but how bad could it really be?

im sure 90% of that is because the guns they have the relays on are elctros/noids
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
i saw that.... but how bad could it really be?

im sure 90% of that is because the guns they have the relays on are elctros/noids
Think its doable too but hate to sacrifice a reg to find out,I know the mech kit is compatible so it should work,imagine someone will try it eventually,ill let them be the test subject
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Think its doable too but hate to sacrifice a reg to find out,I know the mech kit is compatible so it should work,imagine someone will try it eventually,ill let them be the test subject
lol whats the worst that'll happen? freeze an oring?
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Deathwish_DW Send a message via Yahoo to Deathwish_DW

I feel incredibly stupid right now.

I have ~600 lucky fittings and we went and spent $$$$ on more tee fittings. :s
Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG - Deadlywind - Valken

MCB Feedback 57+ (People don't really leave me feedback, lol :d)
PBN Feedback 314+
eBay Feedback 1906+
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
I feel incredibly stupid right now.

I have ~600 lucky fittings and we went and spent $$$$ on more tee fittings. :s
It does change the geometry on the monting setup for mechs a little.it worked with my CP trigger but dont know if it'd fit with a stock one,I had to tilt the mount about 20-30 deg. off of what is normal though I didnt have to make a loop with the airlines,Im still able to use the setscrew and grip panel screw to secure it though.The T fitting is just whats needed to do the electro version,tried the Lucky fitting 1st but i think the T will be cleaner and allow more room,I'll also switch the rear fitting on the electro to a XE fitting as its lower clearence
Maybe you could make the Lucky fitting standard or an upgrade on your mech kits now,imagine theyre less common and more expensive than the T barb
Thanks again for all the help you and Yoda have given me on my Ion mods,mech kit it still my favorite drop in mod
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks for the original idea,knew I could make it work when i saw your oringinal post on PBN.My reg is set at 150 psi with QEV and TecT L6 bolt, cronoed around 275,want to break the reg in before I do to many adjustments and go electro.Try Deathwish/Yodas mech kit,its simple and awesome!
No problem at all, I love seeing different versions of the mod and their improvements - which are only really worked out by more people trying the mod!

Like I said on PBN one thing I was worried about was the OP of all the new parts, especially the push to fit fitting, hence why I asked what everyones running at. I'm also using a QEV and L7 bolt (I think) so although I have no chrono it should be more then ok running at 150psi, the reg I used was broken in about 3 or 4 years ago on my old mini

Yeah I'll be going for Deathwish/Yodas mech kits plus I'm also thinking one of their closed bolt kits but first I wan't to get hold of a cocker Ion breach, which are becoming rare over here in the UK I might just end up doing this all in an enmey if I can ever find one for sale

Last edited by deaallen; 03-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Modding is so trial and error,you did the trial,I'll added the error
Actually its working splendidly,did some tests with Reballs today,even overbored with a Freak kit it was shooting hot at below 100 psi,didnt have a crono to verify but shots were curving wildly
I believe fitting is rated over 200psi,more than I've ever run my Ions at(all Gen 1 non BOB),feel that the hoses or barb connection will fail before anything else,usually 150psi or lower is perfect on my mechs and electros using QEVs and non stock bolts,I know some newer GoG guns are slightly different,but how Im not sure
Havent seen any (good) Cocker breeches myself,think people tend to keep them and may not be made anymore,dont get a Warrior brand one,I had one and it was horrible
Surprised there arent Enemys available to you across the pond,they seem pretty popular around here,there was few here on BST forum but I imagine shipping to the UK is a PITA?
Old 03-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Got around to electro conversion,not enough space to use my mech T fiting,used a Lucky fitting with the inlet barb switched to a Ion solenoid barb,plugged the stock inlet air port with a screw and converted the rear inlet bard on noid using a Cocker ram barb(I think?)
Had to make some gripframes for recesses for battery and OLED board to make everything fit.I used 3 layers of different thickness plex sandwiched together cutting receses in each piece,there not pretty but was much easier than casting.
You can see the Pulse RF chip to control the boxmag,one of many things I like about the OLED is the board plug for the RF chip,no soldering
Also made a 2 way adjustable stock for the boxmag
Setup is temporary,Im converting it to a BOB bolt,used a SP8 non threaded breach by accident so no feedneck,also forgot pics of new hose routing,it now runs behind the noid with more frame modification.
Aired up and shot a few handloaded Reballs,no audible leaks,Ill pressure test when I do the BOB conversion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAW2p (2).JPG (168.1 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg MAW2p (5).JPG (164.9 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg MAW2p (7).JPG (144.3 KB, 225 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
dude that is soooo legit
Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Backyard testing with vids

Virtue OLED setup finished,did a backyard test with the boxmag,vids here

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/pu...9ee4a.mp4.html
http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/pu...7a65b.mp4.html

Still some fine tuning,need to install RF chips,crono,minor cosmetics etc
Converted to a BOB from an XE I bought ,also redid air input lines using a Lucky 2 barb rear fitting.
Equipt with GoG QEV and TechT L7,Virtue OLED board,XE low clearence fittings,DW tac body,handmade grips with OLED window,a 2 way adjustable stock I made from extruded aluminum.I plan to run remote line but wanted clearence to run bottle on gun also
Reg is running 110-120 psi,dwell at 16,ROF per OLED readout is 21.2 bps
Didnt have a crono,seems to be shooting hot a bit
I plan to do a field test in two weeks,hoping it will be complete by Lockdowns Travis AFB scenario

Last edited by punisher068; 03-30-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: fixed link?fn photobucket

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions