mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

blazer and warp modified halo too (PICS are here)

So I've always preferred right feed/off set feed guns over center feed, though I can shoot cf okay. Currently most of my guns are right feed and I enjoy the sight picture, but this summer I did get hit a number of times in the hopper whenever I used my revy or halo. I've seen box mags before and thought that would be a cool solution, but probably out my reach in materials and tools required and then I saw this thread Custom Halo Too Hose Fed Angel A4 Fly and decided to build something like it.

I acquired the materials and rough out the bracket a couple of months ago, but didn't finish cutting and modifying the hopper till Saturday.

Materials used:
a halo too (sound activated).
1/8th aluminum flat bar,
and some cheap white telephone cord hose. (less than $5 at Home depot)
couple of copper elbows 3/4
some tough glue/epoxy
black duct tape for the win
black spray paint
two hose clamps

Tools used:
cordless drill
dremel: cutting wheels, milling bit
hack saw blades
sand paper

Pics to come.

It forms a nice tight setup and seems to feed reliably during testing, but I haven't shot it yet. It still feeds pretty well even when tipped to shoot lefty. You just have to not be real low on paint, so enough still rest on top of the drive cone. The setup up would be tighter and better shooting lefty if it was a left feed gun body. As it is the rf gets in the way of the sight picture when shooting lefty. If I really like this setup, I may consider finding a left feed blazer, cocker, sovereign, or get a ule warp mag. But before I make another purchase I want to make sure I like this setup.

The mounting bracket has a couple of adjustment holes to make it sit farther to the left, but I like it close in to the gun like this.
I still need to put hole in the elbow for blowback escape and slot the elbow so I can hose clamp in down to prevent it slide up the feed neck.
I did get a little test done today and it fed pretty well, even on its side. I did end up chopping, cause I short stroked a couple of times. I messed my timing up the last time I played so it may a little fine tuning.

I cut the orignal feed tube off, trimmed and glued it back at an angle

Unfortunately due to the angle of routing the tube it went through the wall at a slant instead of making a nice round hole. Plus I sort of started in the wrong spot. I filled in some of the extra space with black duct tape so there isn't much extra space around the tube.

side view

side mounted

from the back, I do shoot righty so there really is enough hand room

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China

Last edited by James_Blond; 03-11-2013 at 09:43 PM.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Nice job on the homemade rig! How fast can you get it going?
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

thanks. Maybe one day I'll make a cleaner version, but for now this should do nicely.

Not sure yet, I haven't been able to just let her rip completely. Hopefully I'll get to take it to a field in the next week or so. I talked to Chris from Flurry and he gave some pointers. I think my tension sensor needs to be turned off and then I shouldn't have any problems. I don't for see it having any trouble keeping up with my speed.

currently in China
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Was Fed After Midnight

Figuring out the angle to cut the hole is always a problem. It's like an optical illusion the first time you do it. Once you get everything squared away with the feeding, spray those fittings with black to match the gun and you'll be good to go.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

yeah, for this build I wanted to run the hose btwn the reg and trigger guard so I picked an odd angle. I hope to port the copper elbow for blowback and maybe a couple view holes. Need to slot one elbow so that it can be tightened down and spray paint the lot.

I may get a chance to try it out at the field tomorrow.

currently in China
Old 03-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Awesome. I've been wondering how a modern loader would work as a self contained warp feed for a while.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

got everything painted, but having feeding problems. It likes to jam at random times in joint after the raceway. I think I'll have to cut it off sand it out and reglue to fix it. Oh and I think I need to back off on the speed setting as it has cracked a ball or two when it has jammed.

currently in China
Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Was Fed After Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
got everything painted, but having feeding problems. It likes to jam at random times in joint after the raceway. I think I'll have to cut it off sand it out and reglue to fix it. Oh and I think I need to back off on the speed setting as it has cracked a ball or two when it has jammed.
You really do have to make sure that it's lined up nice and level when you glue the bend to the raceway. Normally you have to make sure the bottom of the elbow is glued so that it is level with the bottom of the raceway part if you know what I mean. If there is a little drop it can make it so that it jams.

Also replacing the spring and beads antijam with the upgraded "Empire Freeway Anti-jam" helps. Those are the red ones and I think Invert Halo Too's come with the black version of them standard.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream

Old 03-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Was Fed After Midnight

I think I might have to build my 4th one now for my old shoebox shocker that has a power feed. With an elbow on that gun the hopper is sitting up about as high as the Sears Tower.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
You really do have to make sure that it's lined up nice and level when you glue the bend to the raceway. Normally you have to make sure the bottom of the elbow is glued so that it is level with the bottom of the raceway part if you know what I mean. If there is a little drop it can make it so that it jams.

Also replacing the spring and beads antijam with the upgraded "Empire Freeway Anti-jam" helps. Those are the red ones and I think Invert Halo Too's come with the black version of them standard.
Yeah I thought about it when first putting it together, but it seemed to be working fine and still does at times. Just needs to be consistent to be usable.

mine has a black plastic guard to help prevent pop up. I assume that is what you are referring too? My halo B has the bead version.

currently in China

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions