mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Stanchy, the deal with that isn't so much about how much they like it as much as the fact that they wanted the latest and greatest. I don't think they'd consider a small run of hoppers made in an apartment the latest and greatest.

Same reason they'll trade their 2010 Ego for a 2011 Ego, why settle for the thing that has the lower status?

EDIT: After buying into the latest and greatest (Spire), I kind of regret it. I don't like it as much as I liked my old Fasta. I'm not going to get another Fasta since it's not worth the hastle at this point, but my point is still that players use what has the biggest price tag over what they actually prefer.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Stanchy, the deal with that isn't so much about how much they like it as much as the fact that they wanted the latest and greatest. I don't think they'd consider a small run of hoppers made in an apartment the latest and greatest.

Same reason they'll trade their 2010 Ego for a 2011 Ego, why settle for the thing that has the lower status?

EDIT: After buying into the latest and greatest (Spire), I kind of regret it. I don't like it as much as I liked my old Fasta. I'm not going to get another Fasta since it's not worth the hastle at this point, but my point is still that players use what has the biggest price tag over what they actually prefer.
shouldnt the idea for a shell kit, to be just that? a kit.... ie a back player extended capacity....

if im playin back player... 300 ball capacity
if im playin dorito/mid/back maybe rock a standard
if im playin snake, put my snake kit on

3 hoppers, 1 motor...

i shoot a spire, i love it, heck i convinced 10 other guys its better than a rotor, i LOVED my rotor, used it without hesitation for 2-3 years.

im not hating on the revvy, i loved them back in the day
im not sayin you MUST you a rotor, im just saying your market would be HUGE if you did

food for thought
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
^ agreed and I am a stock class player that couldn't care less..

If done well utilizing the rotors snappy breakdown etc.... it could do very well.
owe and wouldn't the AR printed lower be haveblue?
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

ABS is durable enough, but don't ask how I know.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
ton up boy

I think the only feasible way is to make it vacuum formed. A competent carpenter can make the buck, or you could mill one with a cnc machine from a 3d model.

I would use internals from ricochet apache or whatever the single 9 volt version is.
Those a already used by tippmann and kingman IIRC, so you could maybe get actual licence for them, and buy internals as a bulk buy.

Also they have a really simple operation, that would not need too much precision from the shells, as the vacuum formed pieces are not really precise.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
The main point, I believe in using Revvy internals or another agitated hopper is they are cheap. These shells won't bring in a huge income but will bring in some. Its cheaper for a player with a budget to buy a busted revvy, buy these shells and go to town.

VL did something similar years ago with the revvy. Had 140 shell, 200 and one that was like 300. Those are hard to come by nowadays.

Rotors are great loaders. They're many great loaders, but cost is key. We're talking about a guy with a 3D printer filling in orders from his basement/shop.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Five four three two one

I'm sure there are lots of people working on this.

I've been learning CAD while waiting for my printer to arrive:

I've also got a working Arduino (Digispark) tied to a servo and a flex sensor (like the old Apache).

If there's a a CAD expert who wants to pitch in, progress would go much faster.
onecaribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
What internals are you wanting to run?
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Five four three two one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGAmember666 View Post
What internals are you wanting to run?
I'm using custom internals - a continuous rotation servo and a digispark (a tiny Arduino clone). The code was pretty simple to have the servo run based on feedback from a flex sensor. I also tried a piezo (vibration) and loudness sensors. I also have some light detecting (eyes) sensors but I haven't had time to test them.

The quarter sized board is the Digispark. The really tiny board is a loudness sensor:

onecaribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Id take a revy version! I wouldnt want a rotor... Im using a pump not a 30bps marker :P
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions