mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Threading and Wall Thickness

Is there an internal thread that can be applied to a 2.0" O.D. x .065" I.D. x 1.87" I.D.?

I've been trying to get the answer to this question and it's been confusing. If it matters, the material is 6061 Aluminum.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slowly making progress
 
desertT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vail, AZ

If you single point it, you can make whatever you want. 1.90-14 would give you ~.030 wall thickness and that much in threads too. TPI can be whatever you want. I've seen several taps larger than 1" use 14 TPI, so that's fairly safe IMO.

Since I'm guessing this goes towards a raincover, you could make a doughnut and drill/tap that at 90* angles and anchor it in that way.
__________________
>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
If you single point it, you can make whatever you want. 1.90-14 would give you ~.030 wall thickness and that much in threads too. TPI can be whatever you want. I've seen several taps larger than 1" use 14 TPI, so that's fairly safe IMO.

Since I'm guessing this goes towards a raincover, you could make a doughnut and drill/tap that at 90* angles and anchor it in that way.
I'm not sure by what you mean by "single point it" but, if I were to tell the machinist 1.90-14, he'd be able to do it with no special tooling requirements, or extended setup times?
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I'm not sure by what you mean by "single point it" but, if I were to tell the machinist 1.90-14, he'd be able to do it with no special tooling requirements, or extended setup times?
single point = lathe, otherwise it'd be done with a tap. I don't see why any special machinery would be required if he's a competent machinist.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!


Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbo View Post
single point = lathe, otherwise it'd be done with a tap. I don't see why any special machinery would be required if he's a competent machinist.
Thanks for clearing that up. I imagined that would be the case but, there was a time when I needed to have a metric lens thread cut and, he quoted it out to be prohibitively expensive to cut such a thread.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC