mcarterbrown.com

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
MilSim

Custom E-bolt Project

So I'm in the process of compiling ideas for a fully custom Tippmann 98 e-bolt. I'm looking at making a custom 2 way ram but the issue I'm running into now is the electronics. I need to find a relatively small board to fit in the grip frame area along with a board and 9V battery. Anyone know of a cheap board that can run a 2 way ram? A one way e-bolt ram runs with a 3 way solenoid so I think I would need a 4 way solenoid correct?
WholemealDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
A pretty good guy

For a Two way ram all that's needed is
Timmy board, or PM/DM board
Timmy noid
Cocker lpr on your air line/Asa

This is usualy the setup for a two way ebolt rig, also a long battery wire so the battery can just be placed in the foregrip of the tippy instead of in the grip

You could also look into the
Scenario Dreams t board it's the smallest board I know of
karni-collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
MilSim

I plan on cutting the front grip off. Too far of a reach for a small profile.
For PM/DM boards I'm confused because there are so many plugs I don't know what they are all for. Anyone have any experience with a Mini Morlock board? I hear those are more universal than the SD T board.

Last edited by WholemealDrop; 03-29-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: listed the wrong board meant Morlock not Worlock
Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
MilSim

Ok the more I look at the more I like the T Board. Its tiny and would fit perfectly inside the grip with a 9V and solenoid. Issue I'm having is finding wiring diagrams. I can only find ones that use a pancake noid. That won't work in my setup since I'm using a ram not a sear. And I can't find a difference between the open/closed bolt boards and 1 or 2 button boards. I wouldn't even know what a 98 would be considered. Closed I figure since you have to open the entire gun to get at the bolt?
Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
The pistons are pumping!

98 is an open bolt, as the bolt is in the open position at rest. I believe the one/two buttons thing has to do with how the board is turned on and programmed. I have the two button closed bolt board for my cocker project, it uses a two button membrane pad for power and programming. One button boards might actually have a physical button, if you email scenario dreams they will respond pretty quick.
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

If you cut the front grip off..the gun will be awkward. The hopper is way up there so actually moving around that weight with a grip that is closer to the trigger frame would be really slow and unweildy.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
MilSim

Actually doesn't bother me. I rarely grabbed it in the past.

Good to know that it is open bolt. Guess now my job is to figure out how to wire it up.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions