Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking super ebolt, frankenstein ebolt, whatever you want to call it plz help

What's up everybody, new guy on the forums and I'm ready to start bugging you with questions. I recently picked up madmandrew's ebolted 98 which I believe is a stock gta bolt and board. I'm looking to turn this into what people call a super ebolt or what not with the feed....2- way ram...EVERYTHING. And honestly I don't know jack about ebolts. I understand that this is going to take money, time, fabricating and know I could buy a decent gun considering all of this but I need a project like this. I live in South Dakota , it was 70 degrees about two weeks ago and within a few days of that we got 19inches of snow.....I also weld/fabricate metal and have a buddy with a custom motorcycle shop so access to mills and lathes are no problem for me.

Im thinking of going in the direction of a scenario dreams board and intimidator noid so I can hide the battery in the grip and fill in the bolt slot but I know to do this the ram needs to be 2-way. I have no idea if a gta bolt is 2-way or how to make it if there's anybody out there that has built a marker like this or can at least point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!
sodakan baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Welcome to MCB!

Personally, I'm not much on the latest Tippmann mods, but we have a separate Tippmann - sub-forum, under the Armory section.

Many of the members are also over on the specialty forums, like

When you get down to building specific custom parts, this is indeed a good spot to ask questions and show your work.
My Feedback

shake 'n bake > rock 'n cock
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

They're not too complex. If you have a program that can open/measure 3d models I can whip something up.

If you REALLY want to get fancy you could probably (probably) make a 98 reciever out of billet ALU and then bolt a frame on with standard cocker holes. Would open up a wider variety of frame choices/board choices.

For the basic mechanics of what you're talking about :
It was like one day I woke up and every paintball field had been occupied by a slightly overweight military force.
- Agglet
Matt Ribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mount it all in an AK-47 style clip where the foregrip on the 98 should be. That's what I would try to do anyways.
Rancid1845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

To give you a rough idea of where you're gonna need to go with this project (Back in 2004-2005, I converted my 98C to an Ebolt but, then the board failed, and then the ram failed):

GTA and PsychoBallistics bolts are 1-way, Air forward, Spring return. There was information on the web about converting a GTA ram to a 2-way (via milling and drilling). The better solution was to build a new ram assembly (naturalnewb over on the Tippmann forums did this iirc) with a lighter rammer.

As you know, you'll need a new solenoid (a three-way). I couldn't begin to recall the model used before nor could I answer if a Timmy solenoid would work.

You'll need to add a low pressure reg for the pneumatics (in case you didn't know).

A Rufus Dawg Centerfeed allowed for a relatively simple conversion to centerfeed. Google will help you find one.

The body will need some internal milling for the eye wires, and it'd be a good idea to mod the main valve to disable blowback (I hacked a way to do this before my ram failed). the grip can be modded for battery compartment. One kit actually included a battery box that looked like a rear cocking slot cover kit. In my kit, the board used a photocell.
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gun Designer

that's the tipmann ebolt set that had the battery as the cocking slot cover. As for ebolts and conversion. you are better off on unfortunately I lost contact with the guy who made the first ebolt for tipmann
MCB Feed Back

Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
MIballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks! Through the names I was able to find a few plans on how to two-way the ram
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
"ex"? Gun Whore

Ken at kpcs did a wicked one of those for a giveaway at hellsurvivors he can be found in the air smiths section it had a 90* angel style frame and everything if I remember correctly

Found the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (59.4 KB, 125 views)

My Feedback 9+/0-

Last edited by BadAcid; 04-21-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Pic
BadAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions