mcarterbrown.com  

Custom Projects / Custom Questions How do I customize? What do I customize? What do I use? Share you experiences and faults here!

Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Custom GOG eNMEy Spas 12 build

I wanted to make a thread to for my Enmey Spas 12 shotgun build. Normally when I get started on a project I just keep working and never stop to take any pictures along the way. I'm hoping this thread will help me take more pictures to post up and show the progress.

My plan is to use an Enmey as the base with an airsoft body and make this like a real Spas 12 shotgun where I can switch it back and forth from semi-auto to pump for as cheap as possible. Due to the nature of the operation of the gun the pump feature will be by blocking the flow of paintballs until the gun is pumped allowing a ball to enter the chamber. When you push to set it to semi it keeps the blocker locked back allowing the balls to flow freely.

The main parts to this build are:

Gog Enmey
Spas 12 Airsoft shotgun
Spas 12 folding stock (you've gotta have this on a Spas for the shear asskickery of the way it looks.)
J&J 20" Ceramic Barrel

I wanted to try and finish everything else and make stuff with what I had lying around. I'll keep posting up pictures as I go (hopefully) until it's done. I'm planning on using it at Living Legends this year.

Part 1:
I found out the Enmey has different size larger hoses than previous guns like the Ion and Envy. I also didn't realize at first that part of the pneumatic system in the gun was a solid piece and not a hose like a Ion. This made it so my initial plan of having the barrel on top and feed was out the door as well as using the original Spas gripframe. I spoke with them at Gog and they said they would do a custom length 5mm ASA hose and put it on for me if I sent it in but I decided to do it a different way.

Starting point:

- I used a PVC 90 for feed neck for the springfeed.

-Carving out the insides of the body.

-What is left of the stock Enmey body. This plastic is tough.

-Modifying the spring detent for the folding stock. Working with what I had, I cut a pen cap to just the right length and epoxied it down. Now the KTW brand folding stock can be used on my different Spas which had different holes.

-Springfeed

I decided to use a piece of thin-wall type pvc pipe for the springfeed. It was a piece of the frame from one those mesh hampers that you put together with the pvc pieces. It was already just about the correct length and paintballs fit perfect inside as well as fitting right into the pvc 90* piece.

A traditional slot style springfeed wouldn't work for me since I had the body covering most of the feed. I also wasn't looking forward to try and cut a straight slot with the tools I have on hand. I cannibalized a ball pusher and end cap from a Core ZX pistol magazine. I epoxied a small cylindrical spacer with a nylon cord in the center of the pusher.

I drilled a hole through the back end cap so that the cord can come out and go through a hole I drilled in the front sight shroud which covers the stickfeed.

-Ejection port door
I cut out the plastic from the body so that I could use what would normally be the ejection port of the shotgun as the area to load in the paintballs. I thought this would look cool to have it actually open up. This was also just about the only spot I could make a hole that would ruin the body or be in the way when the stock is folded up.

I used some ducting metal to make the door and to make it slide back and forth I used a ducting cleat. I cut a slot and pushed and epoxied another ducting anchor through to make the door handle and painted it all black.

I repainted this after the fitting and cleaned up that ugly epoxy on the body.

- I have it mostly together now. I'll do a final screw down once I have everything done. I still need to finish running the airlines and making the side saddle which will house the hidden regulator and just look like a shell holder. I wanted to have this run on a 13ci 3k that was mounted inside the folding stock but it's just too narrow. So I'm going to just use a remote setup.

MORE TO COME.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Last edited by Chris From Flurry; 04-21-2013 at 05:05 PM. Reason: updating
Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Ok I'm about 98% done with it now. Here are some pics.

I'm going to be running this with a Ninja straight remote with the Push To Connect.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream

Last edited by Chris From Flurry; 05-02-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Needs Nerf

Subbed for impending awesome. What airsoft gun are you planning to use? Good plastic, or metal?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
Only if you say "Clever girl" every time you get shot out.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Modder at heart

If you got to do this, do it right. Forget the blocker and make it a pneumatic assist pump. Have a 3 way bypass switch for a selector, and voila you got yourself a proper functioning select fire spas.
Danny D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBaller View Post
Subbed for impending awesome. What airsoft gun are you planning to use? Good plastic, or metal?
This was a plastic Spas airsoft gun. Even the expensive TM and KTW ones are mostly plastic. The stock is all metal.

I updated the post with the work I've done so far.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Very cool. The SPAS12 is my favorite shotgun. I really like it so far.
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Awesome job,love the look of the SPAS 12 also,like your idea for the spring mag too
simple design with great results,was waiting to see a full custom with an Enemy
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGAmember666 View Post
A universal given
gulfcoasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGAmember666 View Post
Ha! I was debating if I should say that everytime or only when somebody sneaks up and shoots me from the back or the side.

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Custom Projects / Custom Questions